CBN Slangers

Great point.

I’d like to be considered as a verified CBN slanger if possible. both @Kingofthekush420 and @anon93688 can verify my experience with d10 and CBN, and I’m happy to share test results with you over the next 2 weeks as we dial in SOP for 95%+ consistent conversion.

2 Likes

Has to be from hemp

Unless you’re processing hemp legally in CA?

ahh i see, thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

I’m about to stick a Pyrex dish of thc disty in the middle of our ozenator for a day or so and see what happens :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Lol good luck
@QGA has the literature on what this does.
@anon93688 do you have lit on this?

The last two are missing the double bond. I forgot to put it on there

The other double bond in the SM is cleaved to give a ketone. I reduce that before I huck into ozone.

Whoever is doing this please do not sell the mystery meat you get out of this reaction for consumption. Do not be a jackass you probably do not know what you are doing.

Also the selective reduction of the southern olefin is not trivial leaving the C9 or C8 unscathed, Pretty cool stuff.

3 Likes

There is a paper by Ottersen reporting an x-ray Crystal structure, so it definitely does.

Hi all we have a few liters of CBN ready to go if anyone is interested. Please send us a DM either on here on IG.

1 Like

I was just wondering what the other 21% of the distillate that you just posted is likely to be. I saw someone (@DTLA_MFG ) posted 95% above ^.

Can you provide a little bit more transparency please?

3 Likes

I have had this question for over a year Now :joy::joy:
Answer dunno looking at the floor😆
It s embassing to say you don t know what such a large portion off your product is

2 Likes

It’s residual compounds that couldn’t be removed during the distillation process.

Why don’t people ask that of CBD and THC distillates?

2 Likes

Aren’t you usually starting from CBD isolate when making CBN, whereas CBD and THC distillates start from a more crude extract? That would be my guess.

1 Like

We can use isolate or distillate. Would prefer distillate since it helps with the actual CBN conversion.

1 Like

Because they typically don’t use catalysts to produce extracts and the impurities are considered naturally occurring compounds

4 Likes

A majority of the by-products are destruction products from the reaction. We have seen olivetol, limonene, cymene, and saturated fats.

1 Like

Isolate i find a bad starting point don t ask why cause i don t know but
My yields are better with distillate

4 Likes

Thank you! Just wondering.

What is your starting material ?
Distillate or isollate
Thc or cbd ?

When isomerizing cbd >d8
Yields are better with distillate then isollate

1 Like