CBleach Scrub

Ah, thanks, that is helpful.

I see you listed as a vendor, how do I find a list of products?

hey guys has anyone had a chance to send out sum diatomaceous earth or carbon too the lab? we recently did an the DE an Carbon both came back with pesticidesā€¦ just wondering if anyone has had this issue before thanks in advance

1 Like

Thatā€™s crazy, what vendors?

I found this helpful as well. Although I Use the heptane to clear the column.

Sales@Carbon-Chemistry.com

1 Like

the carbon is from envirosupply &service. and the diatomaceous earth is from diatomaceousearth.com

Iā€™m going to see if I canā€™t get my hands in some and have it tested.

1 Like

What kind of vessel are you doing these scrubs in? I find that a LOT of heptane boils off at these higher temperatures. Is doing these in a glass reactor somehow possible?

1 Like

Why is cbleach better than carbon with attapulgite clay?

1 Like

T41, as we call it, is engineered in several ways to out perform standard clays regardless of their species. The manufacturer swells the structure with water before dehydrating to increase holding capacity, and also do a thermal and acid activation for further enhancement. T41 also contains 10% Norit carbon, so you are just getting a better product all around and to mimic the enhancements would be a pain in the dick at any scale.

2 Likes

tag @QGA

Glass reactor with a reflux apparatus on top is my preferred method

3 Likes

Im definetly in like with this instrument.

@Deleted we just picked up our first order of CBleach. planning on using it in the boiling flask. Iā€™m going through the tips and pointers in the section and other relevant sections but if there is any other advice, tips, tricks, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also my boss is asking if we would have to use the wet or dry methods if we wanted to run it through our Pope Wiped Films rather than our B/R spinning band. This is mostly just out of curious though thank you for your time and any responses!

I use the @Deleted Cbleach in the boiling flask. I use 1kg of heads and tails with 10% Cbleach. When I run it first pass i always get a very dark blue azulene fraction so I use a bump trap on second pass to remove the remaining azulene thsy gets caught in the main body. My test results usually come back less than 30% delta 9 and over 50% delta 8. I assume Iā€™m not getting proper vacuum depth when scrubbing the solution at 120Ā° for 15 min. Any recommendations on what micron is best for the 15 minute scrub

1 Like

The hybrid scrub method goes as follows:

Heat oil to 90c
Add clay
Mix for 20-30min
Cool to 40c
Add carrier solvent (ethanol or heptane)
Filter clay with a 5um filter

4 Likes

Any time you add acidic media to the boiling flask you will get Isomerization, regardless of your depth of vacuum. If you are doing a 15 minute scrub, then you need to filter the media out of solution before distilling

6 Likes

I would stongly advise against running carbon through a wfeā€¦ You are setting yourself up for a bad day

10 Likes

Thank you so much and Congrats as well!!!1
:tada:

Check out this thread I did a write-up on best practices when using ColumboBleach in the SPD boiling Flask:

6 Likes