CBleach Scrub

It actually worked quite well for heads removal, but uea it caused degredation from time spend at high heat… this was 3 years ago when canmabis distillation was at its infant stages… there wasnt much known… and i didnt know much about it either. :man_shrugging: For the pursuit of science

What if it was Liquid jacketed? Perhaps with independent regions?

2 Likes

The way to fully remove heads through distillation requires heat and high vacuum. At the time i didnt have a gauge and wasnt using a diffusion pump… so i did it the best way i could. Finding a production 45/50 vigreux of any length is very hard.

I know a few scientific glass blowers. I can get you a price quote if you like.

1 Like

Thanks, i as well these days. Finally getting to thw projects… you have no idea how many pieces of glass ive designed :flushed:… from stupid things like the 45/50 vigreux to falling film… head designs… cold traps…

Did any work?

1 Like

I havent made all of them… in fact only one design… and its a head… 3L/hr at the fastest ive been able to run it… its too quick as is right now though… material makes it passed the drop off for main body

Have you tried distilling at a slightly slower rate?

Well ya but that defeats the purpose of thr design

1 Like

Slightly longer condenser perhaps?

We will be able to make flash cartridges before the end of the month. Will need testers.

3 Likes

Trying this new SOP with the heptane cbleach scrub. Thanks!

1 Like

We are having a red problem. When we dissolve our distillate (post shortpath) in heptane (4:1) the previously medium amber distillate turns red and darkens a little. We then do pesticide remediation on the Heptane Oleoresin mix. When we do acid PH 4 brine mix the color of the hexane Oleoresin mix remains about the same. When we go to the ph9 brine wash step, the Heptane Oleoresin mix initially turns a mustard yellow and then Wine red as the mixing proceeds. Once the separation of Brine and Heptane Oleoresin is done the brine is dirty and there is a defined emulsion layer. The problem is that the Oleoresin is now very dark red orange and cloudy.

After the Ph6 wash the Heptane Distillate mix remains extremely dark red. We then do the wet CBleach treatment and the liquid remains very very dark red but does become translucent. No longer occluded.

When we rotovape it down it looks almost black because it is such a dark red.

What caused the amber Distillate to turn very dark red in Heptane?
What caused it to become cloudy?

Help!

1 Like

Wash your heptane against pH 7 water. Drain off the water and check it’s pH. Let’s try to see what’s going on here.

2 Likes

gak! do you have access to a GC or HPLC?

My first response would be to make sure I still had the same cannabinoids as I started with. even if that meant throwing $100 at “ask a stranger” (3rd party analytics).

What if your extraction pulls no waxes, i.e. cold ethanol, would there still be gums present to remove?

Waxes and gums are two different classes of chemicals. “Gums” actually refers to phospholipids and (probably?) phosphoinositides that “gum up” some processes. These phospholipid compounds will not be removed by winterization.

1 Like

I will test these on my old school flash system! I really would like to experiment with flash cartridges I could pack myself for R&D.

Shoot me a DM. I have some empty cartridges laying around and plenty of stuff to fill them.

4 Likes

how about actually using cooking oil?
for the home user that really ought not be playing with much else?

Either with cannabinoids in oil as the endpoint, or extracting with Ethanol again after washing in oil.

I now have an overwhelming urge to go dissolve some old school RSO in Olive oil…