CBleach Scrub

I use the @Deleted Cbleach in the boiling flask. I use 1kg of heads and tails with 10% Cbleach. When I run it first pass i always get a very dark blue azulene fraction so I use a bump trap on second pass to remove the remaining azulene thsy gets caught in the main body. My test results usually come back less than 30% delta 9 and over 50% delta 8. I assume I’m not getting proper vacuum depth when scrubbing the solution at 120° for 15 min. Any recommendations on what micron is best for the 15 minute scrub

1 Like

The hybrid scrub method goes as follows:

Heat oil to 90c
Add clay
Mix for 20-30min
Cool to 40c
Add carrier solvent (ethanol or heptane)
Filter clay with a 5um filter

5 Likes

Any time you add acidic media to the boiling flask you will get Isomerization, regardless of your depth of vacuum. If you are doing a 15 minute scrub, then you need to filter the media out of solution before distilling

6 Likes

I would stongly advise against running carbon through a wfe… You are setting yourself up for a bad day

11 Likes

Thank you so much and Congrats as well!!!1
:tada:

Check out this thread I did a write-up on best practices when using ColumboBleach in the SPD boiling Flask:

6 Likes

Take a look at the previous post ^^ :sunglasses:

1 Like

I like to have a layer of sand at the top of the column to avoid disrupting the hard work I put into packing it. By far the most important aspect of separation is proper packing

2 Likes

When in the winterization process should the hybrid scrub be done?

After winterization but before distillation.

Some people winterize, distill 1st pass, hybrid scrub, distill 2nd pass.

I am using a hochstrom for filtration needs. I always seem to get the carbon A through the silica. I can’t seem to get an even pack with the hochstrom obviously because it is so wide. Does cbleach get stopped by the silica and 1 micron?

1 Like

I also have a hockstrom filter and have very little problem with bypassing…center the filter in there and 2" of silica…cbleach does get stopped!!

1 Like

gent the filter? I maybe misunderstanding.

Gotcha. It seems I am having some bye pass somehow. The carbon A is absolutely getting though my filtration. Not sure how. I pack a thick silica layer when I do it but somehow it always gets through. Do you pack?

2 Likes

The 1st filtration usually has a few fines that make it thru. On the 2nd pass, all are normally trapped in the cake.

is your silica wet or dry?

I wet load.

1 Like

I’ve started making a bentonite slurry with 100g bentonite with etho for a total of 300ml. Put into buchner on coarse filter 2-3 micron prewetted. Then 33g bleach with etho for a total of 200ml slurry on that. Filtered 5gal through that, end result was golden etho. Nothing seems to bypass at all.

4 Likes

Maybe regulated pH to 6-7 after finishing using magsil pr?

You put down bentonite (DE) AND then cbleach?