Cbleach cleaning

Hi everyone, I am about to go spend the day cleaning our lab and will be away from the message board but will read all comments tonight. I was hoping to get some input on Cbleach.

I have been pondering this idea for some time now and was hoping someone would have some insight into it Ann might be able to point me in the right direction.

I have some crude oil I winterized and filtered in ISO, evaporated off the iso amd ran it through the SPD, but now I want to further scrub out the remaining colours and am wondering if I am correct in assuming this next step is correct.

I want to take my first run through the SPD and mix it with pure ISO 10:1 and warm the mixture up to 60-75C and add 5% Cbleach and allow it to mix for 20-30 minutes as suggested and then begin filtering through my Buchner filter. Does anyone know if this is a correct SOP for this form of scrub? Living in Canada I am unable to get my hands on heptane or other solvents used by labs in the USA, or so it seems very difficult and am unsure what else to try.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions, I will read all comments as soon as I am back within cellular reach.

Where are you in Canada? You can easily get all the solvents you need

From what I’ve read people say that dry scrubbing is more effective than wet scrubbing, here’s the technique: What do you extract with and why? - #40 by Renchi

Just make sure to dissolve in solvent after and filter out the clay over celite545 so you don’t end up with it in your distillate and make D8 when distilling.

If your going the wet scrub route heptane is more effective than ethanol/isopropyl.

I live in Alberta, I just don’t know where to get the heptane locally, even if I need to order it I would. I am tempted to try cbleach but I noticed a lot of people use a heptane/distillate mix to add the cbleach to.

c bleach has the highest possibility to convert on second run. I’d advise a carbon scrub through a DE bed or Celite bed. we grams carbon to liter of solution. Heat 60C same way you talked about then pour and filter solution through a bed of your choice

1 Like

@SafeLeaf.ca should be able to help you out

1 Like

Thank you Info,

DM has been sent!

Thanks for the advice everyone!!! :ok_hand:

Would celite 545 have the same amount of conversion from delta 9 to delta 8?

You have to do a final cleaning scrub. So that none of it makes it through. IF none of it makes it into your boiling flask it doesn’t cause conversion

3 Likes