CBGa Methods

What up everybody?!? I’ve been getting a lot of requests for CBGa and I’ve had a few ideas on how to make it. I’m not sure I’d be able to remove enough ethanol by using the rotovaps before the CBG inevitably crystalizes and looks like Saturn lol. I’ve also had the thought of running the crude through my wiped film in order to remove volatiles. If anyone has any experience/thoughts on the matter they would be much appreciated.

1 Like

I’ve been doing this for a few years, HMU if you want a consult.

Or if you’re just trying to get the crumble dialed in I can help with that too.

7 Likes

Looking to make CBGa crude not isolate…

1 Like

Like I said at the bottom if you’re looking to make the crumble I can help dial that in too. If you type “cbga oleoresin” in the search you can see some of what I’ve made.

1 Like

that looks exactly like what happens in my rotos when I remove all the ethanol. Is it possible to get liquid CBGa or is that just a pipe dream?

1 Like

Not from my experience. Cbga and cbg both like to crystallize rapidly even at low concentrations and co-crystallize with lots of other cannabinoids.

If you’re getting Saturn in the flask that’s about as pretty as its going to get with out making iso, if you melt it back down it’ll get darker in appearance.

I think it looks pretty cool and makes for a good retail product, but I don’t really feel anything when I smoke it.

3 Likes

Interesting…I’m going to give it a try and see what happens, I never thought about melting it back down just because I was worried I would end up decarbing it. Appreciate the help brother!

3 Likes

That looks really cool! Do you obtain CBGA from yeast or do you synthesize it?

1 Like

He obtains CBGa from hemp.

2 Likes

Why not a two stage gradient on silica, first to remove everything but the acidic forms, then run acetone to pick up the acidic cannabinoids?

I make dry sift from the CBGa now im trying to find parameters that will make CBGa rosin with minimal cbg

1 Like

@thesk8nmidget is correct, it’s hemp concentrate from Oregon CBD’s “the white”. The main cannabinoid in that variety is CBGA.

3 Likes

What kind of results are you getting? The time and temp used to produce rosin, especially hash rosin shouldn’t decarb your product that much I would think.

1 Like

The dry sift kif usually tests over 50%cbga and a percent or 2 cbg. Its a really easy way to get a decent solventless cbga concentrate. Im getting about the same yeild i would get from cbd rosin or thc rosin which is over 50% yeild.

Now i need to have it analyzed and see how they compare.

I usually press at 155-165°F (at the plates) for the first 2 presses of 3 minutes each then i raise it 10-20 degrees and do another press of 3-4 minutes

1 Like

Wait till I drop this newnew

2 Likes