CBG to CBC to CBT conversion

, ,

Howdy!

My CBG > CBC conversion didn’t go as planned and instead of CBC I’ve made CBT. I was able to find 3 papers about CBT and none about how it works and what it does. So far I’d say it amplifies effects of other cannabinoids, inhibits cristallisation of other cannabinoids and makes CBG effects comparable with good peruvian flake.

Is there any info about CBT effects on humans or even mice?

7 Likes

It seems information about effects are limited as we start to move through the minor cannabinoids.

1 Like

I’m working on some research,
Are you sure it’s CBT?

2 Likes

Have you been oxidizing CBG ?

The reaction sequence seems to follow
CBG → CBC → CBT → CBL + iso-THC.

6 Likes

Yup. 100% sure.

Input material was:

THC: 1.5%
CBD: 6.5%
CBG: 73%
CBC: 8%
CBN: 0.4%

Output:

THC: LOD
CBD: LOD
CBC: LOD
CBG: < 5%
CBN: 1.6%

So I thought I fucked up. But after some long and costly digging it’s confirmed that the end product is nearly 70% CBT.

6 Likes

Yeah, high temp low pH and some hydrolisys on the way.

5 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

Are you sure it is CBT or is it possibly d11-thc aka exo-thc?

CBT is from the breakdown of CBC with light under acidic conditions.
CBL is from the breakdown of CBC with light under neutral conditions.

I have played around with making both just to confirm from known CBC source.

2 Likes

Yeah, confirmed. Also there was no CBC left, only some CBG, a bit of olivetol (most likely from a breakdown of THC and CBD) and couple of % of 9R-D6a10a-THC.

Sounds like you were successful in making CBC but pushed the reaction too hard. Try going slower and possibly keep the reaction dark.

Uv is what triggers the isomerization to CBT and CBL, but high heat might do it also.

1 Like

This product is usually low in many of these reactions, usually below 1%.

Thus no CBL nor iso-THC (likely delta8) ?
What about abnormal-CBG (abn-CBG) ?

1 Like

Hard to say. The lab I use for analysis doesn’t have enough standards. There is a small peak between 9r and CBG. 6min retention time. Also there was some Azulene…

2 Likes

I can tell you a bit more if you send me a sample. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I’m based in Central Europe. It may take a while :slight_smile: And if you are in the States then I think sending cannabis based product is federally illegal?

2 Likes

That ole chestnut

I’m also based in Europe, a bit more to the west. :grinning:

In any case I believe it is fine as long as you ship a very small sample that is intended to be analysed by a qualified lab. Plus here your sample is likely mainly composed of substances already demonstrated as non psycho-active, and not known as precursors for other controlled substances… :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes