CBG shatter

Hey folks,
Can anyone advise on the crystallisation properties of CBG. Can a CBG isolate be recrystallized by blending with terpenes in the same fashion as CBD isolate? Also what about a blend of 1:1 CBG and CBD with terpenes, will this recrystallize to a terpsolate/shatter like material?

yes, and in my experience no, although it may work. At absolute least my 1:1 carts didn’t crash out

2 Likes

I think cbg is extremely hard to keep from crystallizing. I dont know, let’s ask @RockSteady

1 Like

I’ve never even seen someone try to make a CBG Slab. CBG rosin has a really nice color and consistency so I’d be willing to bet butane extracted would work alright

1 Like

Some of my LinkedIn contacts are selling cbg and cbga crumble, haven’t seen shatter though.

Thanks guys, I guess I’ll give a shot and let you know!

Cbg is horrible for crystallizing when you dont want to too. If the goal is to make a slab of terp infused CBG dab; it’s certainly possible; it will be “crunchy & crispy” though, as it will recrystalize with 5-10% terp content; however if the goal is to keep it fluid; for say a cart or something; one could go; CBDA, CBD, CBGA, CBG isolates; melt them down together(not too hot we dont want to decarb any acidics) and mix your terps; and bingo bango; you’ll have a fire t-free cart that’s shelf stable for atleast a few months.

Hope this helps

5 Likes

I tried 1:1 CBD to CBG carts with 8% terps… still crystallized unfortunately.

1 Like

Need the acidics in there!! That’s the secret sauce

2 Likes

Ohhhh you’re saying blend all of those in there! I gotta try that…

Great info, I’m genuinely going to try this. Crunchy and crispy crystals is what we are after! Thanks