CBG Farmers Question

Are you at all concerned by the current Hemp DEA news. I represent CBG farms and am curious what your opinions are for CBG specific projects. I am sorry for starting a separate thread, I just am curious how CBG specifically will play out in the current changes.

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten a test yet, but afaik the cbg variety I am growing should be under .3 total thc. Let’s hope, anyway. That is my plan for next year, all cbg.

2 Likes

Agreed, Genetics have me more confident than most but I’m just curious on anyone’s take if I’ve missed out on anything

We have about 12 acres of CBG this year (Stem Cell CBG genetics from Oregon CBD). I don’t think they will mess with CBG this year but who the hell knows. If you have proper CBG genetics you should not have to worry about going hot (>0.3% THC) but once again this is our first year so we will see once test results come in.

1 Like

We ran some CBG and had several different labs test for us . we ran 18 to 22.75% content and had a THC reading of 0.02% . Makes me feel pretty confident in the ability to keep within the legal threshold/

2 Likes

The bigger question to be asking is how is the market demand for CBG. In our experience this past year, demand is minimal and extractors have a difficult time working with it.

4 Likes

Yes that the million dollar question. As more farms move to CBG for the low THC content , you have to wonder If the market will be ready for the increased material we are all producing. The price will no doubt continue to slide. But I do know this , the CBG is a nite time sleep aid. It beats CBD hands down. So while everyone may not suffer from inflammation or other medical issues that CBD helps with, every single person on the planet goes to sleep every nite. So thats a big market to reach out to .

In my experience cbd does help as a sleep aid but I need 100mg to get relaxation from it. As the cbd market slows because people are finding they aren’t getting the benefits promised hopefully they can be persuaded back as the dosing becomes more in line w what the body needs rather than max profit for distributors.

Can only speak for myself here but I’m finding my body is happier the more cannabinoids I take in generally. All and any cannabinoid, I smoke cbg or cbd in the morning w my coffee a lot of the time and take a heavy dose of cbd tincture in the evening. We’re planning to make our tinctures and topicals with cbd and cbg this year.

1 Like

Any specifics of processing difficulties you can share?

Warm ethanol seems to be most efficient with CBG extraction. Hydrocarbons are a no go.

1 Like

Do you mean warm ethanol as in above subzero temps, or literally warm?

1 Like

I am not sure of specifics, but I am assuming room temp ethanol, as we are not the extractors.

2 Likes