CBG Crash? What are You Seeing?

Crashes pretty quickly huh? Just like it’s value lol I’ve been trying to sell cbg and cbga for a year now and all I’ve seen it do is crash!

10 Likes

Looks like distillate, but was probably initially extracted with etoh. This is what the etoh crude looks like

3 Likes

Thanks I know most hemp is extracted with etoh but was hoping to see something crashed that was extracted with a butane blend in a CLS setup. Been wanting to experiment but doesn’t look like anybody here posting about it. I am interested in the terps as I have already tried high terp CBDA peach and sour space candy and taste is pretty close to cannabis terps. Refined hemp terps are garbage and not comparable to the CBDA terps I have tried extracted with a hydrocarbon. When hemp terps are refined allot of the good stuff is removed so its far from full spectrum.

1 Like

Butane doesn’t really pull cbg. And CBG doesn’t really have a nose, so I wouldn’t try to pull terps.

The CBDa hydrocarbon terps are tasty but usually 5-7% thc so not viable for hemp market.

Have you tried my hemp terps? We have over 90 terpenes present.

4 Likes

Thanks I didn’t know hydrocarbons wouldn’t pull CBG well. I know it works well on CBD but not best for scale like etoh.
No I have not but I tried 3 popular hemp terp sellers here and not even close to what I have. I don’t need them for carts so refined wont work. I want the terps for dabbing THCa diamonds so need full spectrum like this.

1 Like

I know what you mean, our terpenes are 98%+ terpenes and are very overwhelming when added directly to concentrates, they can clear a building.

My company is releasing CBD sauce up to 5% THC in Oregon rec shops this month, but in state sales only for obvious reasons.

I would love to be able to produce a hydrocarbon terp sauce with <0.3% THC but not sure how to do that without refining somehow.

2 Likes

Awesome good luck with that sauce. I hope/believe it will sell well.
Been dabbing concentrates since dabbing was a thing but more into the terp profiles than THC % as I will just dab/smoke more THC with it. Taste is everything. I am guessing you either thought about or are doing fresh frozen runs too. I know not as efficient but if your the grower no drying time/space needed to worry about either. Just cut, cryo freeze and run.

1 Like

Larger amounts get run fresh in the field with steam and that comes back ND for THC and CBD.

The hydrocarbon runs I’ve tried fresh frozen, dried,and everything in-between, but the THC is consistently way above the federal limit. Might try switching up solvents a bit to see if we can just do a terp strip, I’m pretty sure there is a thread on that somewhere with people using straight propane.

2 Likes

I recently read about the straight propane your referring to. I am waiting till I get a little lower on my isobutane heavy butane/propane mix and gonna order a tank of propane and run a propane heavy mix. I would love to try something like 80/20 propane mix and then remove from collection pot and run straight butane. Not worried about pressure issues.

2 Likes

Nope, this is winterized CO2 crude.

Haven’t taken it to distillate yet pending COA on crude.

1 Like

@PharmExOregon interesting, this is what our CBG crude looks like after a couple days in the bucket in a climate controlled space before it was distilled, entire bucket was crystallized up like this and had to be warmed significantly in order to flow into the WFE pump. Extracted using -45C ethanol, inline cold filtration to 1 micron, solvent recovered on a BZB FFE and decarbed.

2 Likes

I’ve tried some of @PharmExOregon’s Suver terps that he sent me with some CBG/CBGa samples that he sent, and the terps are fire. Smells up the whole room moments after the top comes off

2 Likes

So who’s gonna plug the forums at 1800/kg of CBG isolate?

2 Likes

https://kush.com/product/cbg-grams-or-kgs

2 Likes

I actually just bought a 1ml of the Lifter terps, and a gram of the CBGa isolate. I’m also interested in the more of the CBG that you sent to sample. There was 2 which I imagine just from color alone was CBGa, and CBG. I’ve been consuming a small chunk of the CBG 2 or 3 x’s a day, and hit the CBGa in the banger with a mixed dab. Anyway, fan of your products, and I’m excited to smell the Lifter!

1 Like

Price check…
Received COA on above CBG crude. Have local buyers and want to be sure I’m on par with the market.

What would you pay for 1-5kg of this Winterized crude?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.