CBG - Acid Reaction

Hello - we ran an activated carbon SPD reaction with CBG distillate and wondering if anyone else has done this as well. Looking to share parameters and results.

4 Likes

What were your results? Care to share a chromatogram @meehandw?

1 Like

Yes, Let’s see what happened!

2 Likes

Have you run this reaction?

You made cbc and cbl possibly depending on what kind of carbon used

Here is the CBG starting material and the post processing material.

USA Lab activated hardwood carbon

CBG_distillate

1 Like

Looks like you made mystery goo. Unless it did in fact all go to CBL, but with a complete lack of CBC I’d wager that’s unlikely.

5 Likes

Viscosity is that of warmed full spec distillate; runny and has not shown any signs of crystallization. Pale yellow in color.

Bet you could make CBD vape carts with it.

Edit: Not that I actually condone vaping mystery goo. However, I expect it would work.

2 Likes

If nothing else, that is what we’re thinking. Great hemp derived additive to prevent crystallization.

If you ask them for the chromatography from these tests we can Probably help out more

1 Like

I’m not sure if the “hemp derived” line really applies to synthetic mystery goo lol maybe figure out what it is before you go there

3 Likes

Should have chromatograms soon; will report back.

2 Likes

Clearly needs to be sent a lab with more standards.

1 Like

Recommendations?

3 Likes

I’m into that almost compliant D8 tek :joy: it’s 0.5% D9 :raised_hands:t2: They did it boys new record for low D9 hahaha

Dab for science, gotta identify those unknowns somehow.

2 Likes

Yeah starting CBG distillate was not very high in delta-9 to beGin with. Anyone have recommendations on a laboratory that can test for rare minor cannabinoids

@kcalabs

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like