CBD yields

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has ever done the calculations for CBD oil yields on an acre of 13% CBD biomass using cryo ETOH? Other machines will have to be used to process further but initially it will be Ethanol.
I am trying to figure out yields from the biomass to crude, from crude to distillate and from distillate to isolate.
Terpene collection isn’t important, the biomass will be decarbed at some point and winterized as well.

Hopefully i’m not posting in the wrong spot or flogging a dead horse but if anyone has a handy tool to calculate such details or anyone has any tips to give that would be much appreciated as well.

That’s more of an Ag question. If you can estimate yield in lbs per plant and plants per acre, you would use normal extraction efficiency calculations.

1 Like

I’m with @Shadownaught, you can find the math for lb’s biomass => liters distillate in several threads here.

given the variation in “hemp”, from 15ft tall finola planted on 6" center to 18+% harlequin/tsunami plants that are as big around as they are tall, only you can figure out how many lbs of biomass you’re going to be dealing with come harvest time.

that said there are certainly folks around here growing large fields of hemp, and some of them could probably help you with the lb/acre question.

There is also the issue of counting chickens too early…what if you manage to seed the whole mess? because your neighbour purchased males…or didn’t know they were a thing? or planted finola?

2 Likes

Right on, thank you for the replies.
I forgot to write that I would be expecting 2500lbs per acre (low end estimate) but I will plug that into normal extraction efficiency calculations and go from there.

Cheers

1 Like

2500 lb/acre is not low unless you are doing whole plant, which then would not be 13%

3 Likes

We planted clones from may 1 to July 10 in eastern nc they all made about 1800 to acre. Of 13 to 14%cbd Seem like the old plants shaded there bottom out so it looks to me like just by area 2000# gonna be a good high average… With boax anyway

1 Like