CBD to D8/D9 to CBN SOP (free)

University of American Samoa? Go land crabs!

7 Likes

Man… this was a janky move dude. This is not the first time I’m hearing about the “CO_Chromatography” company completely ripping people off with boof SOP’s. Then claiming NDA/NCA’s to avoid reconciliation on the matter. :-1:t4: Very disappointed with that group’s greasy tactics within our community.

Back on topic (apologies… I’m frustrated for you and others who have had similar issues with this group).

Did you ever conclude a successful CBD-CBN conversion with either method?

8 Likes

Palladium on Carbon (Pd/C) for CBN conversions.

Sigma Aldrich, Palladium on Carbon
Sigma Aldrich
Palladium on Carbon : 520829
10 wt. % loading (dry basis), matrix carbon powder, wet support

@thesk8nmidget

Gang gang,
iLL Nye
:call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4:
#leveluptogether

25 Likes

Nope no success on my part. I ran the first sop and it was a rotten egg disaster and the results were pathetic so I pulled the plug on running it again.

I haven’t ran the second no solvent sop.

2 Likes

Yes but had to acquire further help. My partner paid for and got the same run around from those guys.

2 Likes

T41 doesn’t yield like that. At all. Ever. Don’t ask me why I know this… “cries over empty 5 gallon buckets of distillate and isolate” lol

8 Likes

Using any kind of sulfur iodine may work but it will yield the nastiest shit on the planet. Clean up may be even more then 50% of the process. That’s a helluva bait and switch if they just provided the reaction part.

As someone who got a bunch of product ruined by someone trying to remediate D9 with sulfur… and who spent a week throwing everything at it but the kitchen sink, I can tell you sulfur is my new most hated thing of the month

5 Likes

Copper my man. Just stuff your head with it and send it back to winterization to get any impurities out that may have came from the distillation then do another clean up, I’ve had success.

As for pd or pt/C +H2: has this been proven to make CBN - wouldn’t it yield something like a fully saturated hydrocarbon ring? I’m down to buy and try it since I have a reflux setup already assembled.

3 Likes

Sulfur/iodine

9 Likes

Done in solvent or neat?

Solvent

clean up is not really that bad.

Next time you have issues like this, hit me up. What @NewLevelProcess said is correct. Copper for the win. I’d have happily given you freedom from that headache before it cost you too much $. Just make sure your copper is appropriately cleaned before use. If you need help on that, let me know.

4 Likes

Hello

I haven’t personally tried it. Just something I heard through the “green vine”.

Sulfur definitely works but I always get roughly a 50% loss to clean up.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. Havent even looked at the documents yet. But I have been trying to get outside confirmation that CBD>THC is exothermic for awhile now and haven’t gotten a straight answer from anyone.

3 Likes

@ZenD
Heat (enthalpy) of formation (H2S gas) -20.6 kJ/mol

4 Likes

@SpringCreek creek and I been working in this for a while…

11 Likes

Gang, please don’t forget that H2S if a particularly hazardous gas, along with having a dreadful smell (volcanic!). It quickly ‘anesthetizes’ your olfactories, which means you can walk into a cloud of it, smell it at first, then stop responding to it, even though it’s present at dangerous levels. Prolonged exposure = fatality potential!

It will also make you the least popular person in your facility!

8 Likes

Also…regarding Pd/C for CBN conversion from D9…it will perform a reduction to HHC (hexahydrocannabinol) with a hydrogen atmosphere (most common application of Pd/C are these types of reductions), but will do an oxidation to CBN under an oxygen atmosphere. Done it, and it works, but I’ve not seen it produce a complete conversion…always 20-30% of the ingoing THC in the final reaction mix. Extending reaction time doidn’t shift that ratio, but did harm yield.

12 Likes