CBD Product Analysis

I thought it was fairly interesting to see an analysis of multiple products. Results in image, article in link: https://www.wthr.com/article/cbd-oil-are-you-get-what-you-are-paying-for-indiana
Edit: Is the “Native CBD Water” potentially a victim of the rumored inability to test water soluble CBD accurately by some labs?

3 Likes

The two acqueous product seem to be zero here… while most of other are pretty ok.

This rumours makes no sense, unless people making it come with a sounding explanation of why such a simple test would fail.

1 Like

My experience with third party labs is a lot of labs can’t really go that low. 5 mg is an extremely small amount. Depending on the source of CBD, I wonder if its settling and they are not getting a good sample. Method wise, I would concentrate the product down to a few ml so that the results don’t get lost in analytical variation and sampling error.

2 Likes

Of course, if improper dilutions and/or no pre-concentration was employed, one would end up with non detectable levels… gets even worse if lab guys do whatever.

And indeed, here we are dealing with very low level about 7 to 15 mg/l. For such low level,
Especially in water, HPLC is more convenient, more straightforward.

Here I assume these guys know their game (they seem to get correct score in various matrix). Since they initially knew the assumed concentrations (from the package), I expect these guys arranged the sample prep to be above their LOD.

1 Like

cbd living water is not 10mg, they say it has the effect of 10mg because it is nano lol my guess on the water is that it is below the labs LOD so it is not registering

Also interesting is the almost 75% of product tested that is short on CBD vs it’s label. At $2 per 1000ml they’re still shorting their clients. All our products intentionally exceed their label rating just so I don’t look like an asshole when someone runs one of our products at an independent lab.

Is 1100mg in a 1000mg bottle going to harm you? Nope.

Is you all over social media bitching and showing off a coa saying I’m shorting my customers going to hurt me? Yup.

Seems like a pretty simple decision

2 Likes