CBD not Recrystallizing

https://virtuousmeds.com/?page_id=61

Heated up CBD I left it on for a little to long about 20ish mins and now it won’t recrystallize why?

Not enough info.

How hot did u heat it

2 Likes

I put just put the mason jar in a pot of boiling water wasn’t boiling when I put it in cake back 20 min later water was boiling and it was almost completely Uncrystallized. Made a few Tinctures and put it back in the fridge 2 days ago and only tiny part has crystallized

1 Like

Well agitation can speed the process
But be confident that in time if nothing was added to heighten it s ph it will crystelize all again

3 Likes

It’s just a bit strange I’ve heated it up before and it Recrystallized quickly

The mistery s off our trade :grinning:
I guess any organic compound has a will of it s own and obeys to it s own rules a little

Its likely you may have degraded the cbd to less than 60% and it wont crystallize again.

CBD will crystallize at less than 60%

@virtuousmeds depending on your decarb temp you can get full spec distillate to not crystallize even with CBD potency reaching 90%.

If this is CBD ISO, potentially you converted it.

How long will it retain that behavior?

Remedy,

Do you mean 90% total CBD? not decarbing all the way would mean you have more CBDA and thats why you are not crystallizing.

Unlikely at that temp and time unless a catalyst was added

If you’re at 90%, it’s probably distilled, which means CBD.

2 Likes

here are lab results it seems to have crystallized maybe a tiny bit more but 95% plus is not crystallized