Cbd isomerization to d8 and d9 thc

I dont see why it would not work with disty. Ive seen it done before.
A quick way to tell is, is the disty more stable then it was? D8 is stable

4 Likes

What is the definition of stable with d8? Viscosity? Lack of crystallization? It definitely behaved more like thc than CBD coming out of the head and down in to the collection flask. It lightened the color a bit also. Much clearer than that first pic looks. I can’t hold the phone still for closeups to save my life.

2 Likes

Ime cbd disty is runny and sticky.
D8 is usually hard enough to knock on. If theres crystallization thatd be weird. Indicating not d8

6 Likes

Yeah, it appears to have converted. Lab is slow here so we’ll find out for sure in about a week.:weary:

2 Likes

Please excuse my ignorance, but if you’re reacting your base material with an acid in order to produce your desired isomers, is there a need for a pH correction in the polishing phase? If not: Does the reaction self correct the pH (using T41 or Citric), or is the pH likely to be at an acceptable value for consumption without further correction?

7 Likes

Haha, thank you for posting my next question. I was wondering the same thing. Does the reaction take care of that or do I need to rebalance the ph? There’s a slight pinkish tint and a very faint rubbery smell. I’d like both to go away.

3 Likes

correct the ph before consumption is what i’ve understood

5 Likes

Thanks. Can anyone chime in on how to correct the pH safely for consumption? I’d hate for someone to follow 90% of this thread and hurt themselves, although citric acid is a weak acid so I know it won’t be like xenomorph blood (couldn’t resist).

8 Likes

From what i have read you would simply dissolve it in a solvent and use ph down (bicarb). Please someone tell me if this is wrong

3 Likes

Classic liquid liquid alkaline wash, followed by water wash… Thats all…

9 Likes

Is it going to mess up the lab results if I don’t balance the ph and wash it before I test it?

1 Like

Will a “freeze and pour off” be adequate following the water wash, or is a rotovap/double boiler needed?

4 Likes

Rotovap and distillation, or Just straight distillation

4 Likes

What percentage T41 did you use?
20200301_164254|375x500 ? I did 5% and it came out with the same color as yours but less viscous than what it should’ve been for high amounts of D8.

1 Like

If you have color change you used too much acid.

You can adjust the PH with titration to fix color imbalance

8 Likes

Bicarb will work to remove the acid but it’s not strong enough to correct the color imbalance

5 Likes

Is there any concern from the color imbalance other than aesthetics?

1 Like

As long as you do neutral water washes to remove any acid there shouldnt be any concern

9 Likes

I used 10%. Dried in the oven and then mixed in before it went in the boiling flask. It went to the lab this morning. Should have some results by Friday at latest.

5 Likes

Today’s experiments, ac, t5, and citric acid. Who knows which of these work best?

1 Like