Cbd isomerization to d8 and d9 thc

Agreed :wink:

2 Likes

But he did isomerize all the cbd so that ain t bad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What’s the other 9%?

Thats the question everyone that isomerizes ducks that i’ve asked

1 Like

It’s not oleoresin, long chain fats, or high bp terps; it’s normally some gaggle isomerized crap.

Just curious why do you prefer ethanol/methanol with the p-toluenesulfonic acid?

The patent I’ve seen for d8 uses toluene and p-toluenesulfonic acid.

Have you tried using heptane and refluxing in your 100l reactor under nitrogen/argon with that method yet?

I will say that’s impressive only having to reflux for 47min @ 63c to get a full 1:1 conversion with 13kg of isolate.

Since you shared your 1:1 sop I might as well share mine and a coa of what I got using cbd distillate:

Cbd to 1:1 D8:D9

Materials needed:

Heptane

T-41

Silica 60a

T-5

Celite 545

Short path distillation setup

10l heating mantle

10l 3 neck boiling flask

Vacuum take off adapter

Reflux condenser

Rotovap

Ballon (large punching ballon works well)

Argon or nitrogen gas (I prefer argon)

Process:

Heat 1kg cbd distillate to 100c

Add 2l heptane

Mix well and then pour into 10l boiling flask (add stir bar to flask first)

Set stir bar to 400 rpm.

Slowly add 320g T-41 (32%)

Add reflux column, thermometer adapter and valves to reaction flask. (Have chiller connected to reflux column and set at as low as possible)

Pull vacuum on flask and then back fill with nitrogen to inflate ballon (repeat this 3 times)

Heat to 90c for 4hrs

Turn off mantle and wait for mix to cool

Filter out T-41 over celite 545

Filter solution over a crc style column packed with 125g t5 bottom, 250g silica 60a & 125g t5 on top to neutralize ph (25% of each powder)

Rotovap out heptane

Distill oil as normal on SPD

I should add this sop only works well with cbd distillate and when I tried it with cbd isolate I got mainly d8, thinking it needs to be ran at lower temp/less time.

Here’s what I tried and results with isolate (I do think the results on sample A were off since I’ve never hitten more than 90% TAC with my spd.

Sample A: 1kg isolate heated @ 90c for 4hrs

Sample B: 1kg isolate heated @ 75c for 4hrs (accidentally overshot temp to over 80c for first hour then 75c for remaining 3hrs)

21 Likes

@IsolationChamberLab FTW!!!

2 Likes

I wonder if you go lower, maybe 65 c, would you get all (or higher) d9 conversion?

1 Like

I did get this result when trying it with cbd distillate @75c for 2hrs, surprisingly hardly any d8 but a 2:1 of cbd to d9.

This is what gave me the idea to try cbd isolate @75c for 4hrs.

Obviously there’s a big difference in temp/time for isolate compared to distillate.

I have high hopes for cbd distillate ran at 75c for 4hrs and still need to try it.

7 Likes

It’s how you do it. :wink:

1 Like

Yup changed it back… Bunch of my biz partners flipped out then realized it was in the history…

I wanted to do something crazy. So I posted the SOP. They freaked out and said edit. Then realized it was permanent.

Game over.

THC market crash. Let’s make it happen. $1000 kilos of THC everywhere.

3 Likes

I use a reactor with stirring rod. Refluxing could cause the release of toxic vapors especially in a 100L reaction.

Hey bro, you need a slanger badge to sling CBD products here. @RedundantAlexithymia is apparently slipping a bit and didn’t catch this, but if my unverified ass isn’t slinging in my post, how about you don’t either? Thank you!

5 Likes

So, no LLE? Thanks for posting!

I find just filtering the reacted mix over the T5 and silica 60a to be sufficient but if you wanted to be more thorough a LLE would be great.

When doing this with cbd distillate the filtering over T5 and silica 60a adjusts the ph enough to make the resulting distillate a light yellow however when using cbd isolate it comes out a light purple.

I’m thinking a LLE will be necessary when using isolate to adjust the ph enough so it won’t come out purple.

8 Likes

Has a COA been posted of CBD derived 80%-90% d9?

3 Likes

Deleted.

wait? you can isomerize ducks?

3 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out if that yields geese or quail???

6 Likes

duck=> duck => goose :wink:

edit: based on mass balance, I think I see your quandary.

it has to be duck:duck = goose, which if true isomerization may imply that goose is actually a dimer of quail :thinking:

15 Likes