Cbd isolate to delta 8 conversion

I just wanted to share an SOP that has been working for me. It enables me to get legal limits of delta 9 nine out of 10 times. I appreciate the community and hope this helps someone else. You can reach out to cannalabsconsulting.com for any questions. Would be happy to help.

10 kgs of ISOLATE in the reactor
Add equal parts heptane (1:1)
slowly stir solution at 200 rpm until heptane fully dissolves CBD
add 1% ptsa *sulferic toluene"
ramp up motor to 400 rpm
leave for 12 hours

Wash with equal parts distilled water, stir, let sit and discard yuky
wash with equal parts baking soda water let sit, discard
add equal parts brine water stir, let sit, discard
1 more distilled water wash

roto vap

distill with AC at 205 C

2 Likes

Can you send a sample to @kcalabs and have that testing facility run the same test?

Not all labs are equipped to correctly seperate cannanaboids.

I’ve been seeing more of these compliant d8 COAs coming out of the Florida labs lately. @WKUCONSULTING do you have a chromatogram from the test?

3 Likes

Almost everyone is compliant at Kaycha for some reason they typically see .2-.4% THC.

Example:
Strawberry Cough d8 Cartridge.pdf (886.0 KB)

2 Likes

do you expect anything less from FL?? If there is a shady grey market product…FL figures out how to exploit it! this is no different. All D8 is legal in FL come get it guys! LOL

We are tired of Sdpharmlabs getting all the attention! FL wants some of the d8 fuckery too

5 Likes

That’s convenient.

1 Like

about as convenient as altitude’s sprayed hemp COAs coming in at .29% d9 or less

1 Like

Wonder how they just bought 3 more labs, :rofl:

Maybe we should be subcontracting out all of our work to them.

3 Likes

We have had 30% variation at altitude with the same samples?!?!

Same.

Wait, so if I send my results to a “higher lab”, I will have less THC %?

Edit: Altitude labs lol, as I was

Have you tried taking samples at different stages in the reaction? I was doing something similar but going 5:1 with heptane and 1 hour in the reactor. Got decent conversions but d9 was too high.

Tried redistilling in AC with no luck then tried t41 and the d9 went up. Even tried using mild oxidizers to degrade it out but the lowest we ever got it was .5%

2 Likes

same way pharmlabs did probably :man_shrugging: