CBD isolate to D9 distillate

What will this do to the industry as a whole?

Is this the race to the bottom as we know it?

How many acres of hemp are just sitting there waiting to be repurposed all across America from the humongous oversupply?

Will the DEA pick up on this and make CBD an illegal precursor once people do this in every single state?

2 Likes

Old news …
Isomerization of hemp has its days numbered imo…

7 Likes

I mean we have known the conversion was possible… but I didn’t think it was already commercialized and testing was already being done on it for effectiveness of the SOP’s to be scaled…

Can you point me to any posts since it’s “old news”

It’s fucking gross imo

5 Likes

I agree completely… it is going to reshape the industry for all the chads though and crazy money will be repurposed from the hemp industry for this

1 Like

It’s old news for those who know. Talented chemists here have had these sops available for consult.

I don’t think it’s gonna bear well for hemp licenses. We just had the vape mail ban go into effect. D8 is the only real question what happens. D9 is already illegal lol.

3 Likes

Where does this go from here? What is stopping canopy growth or charlottes web from using these SOP’s to conquer every single cannabis product formulation market overnight?

The giant backfire of opening pandoras box is we have a government that may not be able to close it but control it further.

2 Likes

Such as banning CBD as a precursor correct?

From what I understood about the D8 argument/loophole though it’s naturally occurring in hemp right?

@Kingofthekush420 does D9 from these conversions apply to your loophole you talk about?

Such as banning isomerization of hemp all together and making it only legal under a new license or thc license only. Just an example in my head. Making it under medical licenses… D8 gas station days are numbered imo…

3 Likes

Which in all honesty I could already see it going that way with the FDA and the regulations that eventually will roll out… but there’s gotta be millions of pounds of hemp sitting there right now waiting to be used

D8 is NOT naturally occurring, but from an isomerization. At least what I’ve read on here.

1 Like

It’s both. Just not naturally occurring in quantifiable amounts for kilos.

7 Likes

I thought the same thing until people lit me up on here about that :joy::joy:

Apparently minute amounts means it’s still naturally occurring so

2 Likes

Do you know of many people doing 87% d9 conversions though at scale? The issue with this conversion is it could almost be passed off as a non converted liter and that’s where the trouble arises.

To my knowledge high d9 and low or no d8 is still being chased.

I’d love to hear from a few members tagged below what they consider to be an impressive number to hit with CBD to D9.

@RockSteady @Roguelab @globtek33 @Ennui @iontrap @kcalabs

4 Likes

Sure
25lbs biomass from my garden yielded maybe tops 1.1mg of d8 in the test sample given. I’ve posted the results long ago on here.

No conversion here, just di in etoh and biomass.

2 Likes

70% I see more commonly. 87% is admirable.
Haven’t seen anything better scalable personally, but I bet a few of the people you tagged can get that 80-90 mark.

3 Likes

Holy fuck that’s literally nothing… almost makes me wonder if the lab is wrong more than if it’s actually there in such small amounts. I’m uneducated about chromatography though so idk

1 Like

More often than not i feel labs are incorrect. especially on trace compounds.

5 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. I have 2 tests from them. All biomass came from my garden for both tests. Both 1.xx or lower on d8.

And 1.8x on thcv.

1 Like