CBD Isolate Solubility & Cuts

I see a max CBD isolate solubility in propylene glycol around 30 w/w% with normal stir/mix homogenization and low heat. These solutions stay a homogenous liquid over long periods of time. I can bump this to 35%+ with a 2-5% triethyl citrate cut.

Alpha Bisabolol and Phytol seem like two good non-monoterpenes to cut CBD vape solutions with or inhibit crystals. Anyone have any batch data with these two ingredients and CBD isolate? Has anyone ever vaped or dabbed concentrated solutions with a-bis or phytol?

I posted a thread yesterday about mixing pure CBC with melted CBD crystals to inhibit crystal growth. Long term results pending. CBT distillate seems like another good liquid cannabinoid to mix in with carts. Extract Labs sells 85% CBT distillate for $12k/kg.

4 Likes

I have seen tons of CBD carts around the web with a high a-bis content, it has a nice viscosity to it, I use that mixed with d-limonine and have had good results :slight_smile: how did your results turn out?

I’m unfamiliar with that unit… Can you provide the density of a saturated soln so I can calculate the mass/volume?

I’ve seen some people having success with CBDa. I believe @thesk8nmidget has had some success creating non-crystallizing CBDa. Might wanna talk with him about how to do this.

You’re fighting an uphill battle trying to get decarbed CBD to not crystallize.

I don’t like the idea of cutting with triethyl citratet or propylene glycol in distillate vape carts, so CBDa + CBT is probably your best bet.

2 Likes

CRD85 - 210120E0101.pdf (927.7 KB)

I like uploading this to show high TAC is possible and these batches have still yet to crystalize.

this is not a blend and is right out of processing. process was extracted, winterized, (no decarb step) then chromatography to remove thc. a lot of precautions were taken to keep oxidation to a minimum and retain the clarity.

I have however done a benctop blend using isolates with 40% cbda and 56% cbd and it has stayed crystal free.

I have two kilos left of the above coa that i could let go.

2 Likes