CBD iso added to distillate & CBD vape cuts

Hey, I’m just curious if anyone is adding CBD isolate to their THC+ distillate to create different cbd:thc ratios. I’m imagining it should solute fine with a homogenizer or even just some heat and stirring. Anyone have experience with this? Also, I’m still trying to find an appropriate additive to make stable cbd carts. My main issue is that I liv in Canada and can’t find CBC, delta 8, cbg/other cannabinoid distillates to achieve this, and so far have only found one source for cbd distillate locally, which is much more then the thc distillate I’m currently getting. So what do people use right now for cbd carts? C8? PG? Squalene/squalane?
And would these be appropriate for diluting & vaping isolate?

I was just asked to make some cbd isolate/ disty carts for a client.
I may have to start giving it a try.

3 Likes

I’m looking into hemp cutt ex as its supposedly 100% cannabis derived and has no lipids. Basically just a hemp extract with cbd & thc and lipids/waxes removed?

What’s the purpose of doing this?

To make a stable CBD vape cart that is safe to vape.

Wasnt hempcutt and honeycutt outted for their sneaky vit E scam?

This is the way to make pens for the uninitiated. Not everyone is trying pens is a heavy user of cannabis. If you are trying to mimic the regulated market, this is where low potency/cost vapes are headed.

So anything that doesn’t contain cannabis is not a desired ingredient. This leaves cannabinoids and cannabis terpenes.

1 Like

Yeah, it doesnt really seem like I’m gonna find what I’m looking for as far as formulating a non-THC CBD+ cart. If I could access CBG distillate that would be ideal and I wouldn’t look any further, but the cart would be for people who don’t want to get/aren’t allowed to get high but want cannabinoid benefits. It’s basically to provide people with natural medicine, therefore I’m very concerned about the health effects of vaping up to 50% non-cannabinoids. What would you reccomend for someone hoping to make a CBD cart in a country without alternative cannabinoid distillates? C8? Nothing?

1 Like

is delta 8 illegal in canada right now?

Yes and no. It’s legal to make any extracts that dont require organic solvents (though no one realizes/cares that this definition includes butter, mct oil etc) and possess and gift it, but it’s not legal to sell, and it’s not legal to possess if it comes from “illicit cannabis”, but that’s up to a court to determine I imagine. Not sure it’s been tested in court if it was sourced from somewhere that it was legal to make and wasn’t sold here, but bringing it in might consider it to be “illicit” if it wasn’t declared… I’m not a lawyer though, I don’t really know. Its kinda grey area right now. How hard is it to isomerize?

if you click the link and scroll the threads you will see they use t5 clay in the boiling flask of a short path. you will need packing materials in a pack able head to stop the clay from coming through to your final product. If hemp is legal and t5 is legal, and there are no rules for delta 8 explicitly… it s their fault. It’s their job to make the rules and if they do a bad job fuck em

2 Likes

Hemp is “legal” but only with approved strains, none of which have any significant cannabinoid contents. Also I don’t own an spd system. I scrolled and was reading that though, thanks. I may be able to convince people to do this but we’ll see.

1 Like

You can write “insert strain here” and it becomes any strain you want.

1 Like

found another thread with formulations, still curious if anyone has had success with this.

1 Like