CBD E-commerce??

Update: PaymentCloudInc will now accept all CBD / Hemp products (ingestible previously was not allowed)

https://stratus.paymentcloudinc.com/me@moveweight.net

You can expect brick and mortar/payment gateway/plugin solution. 4-5% max. No outrageous contracts.

It would be good to have a backup to Square

I also have a CASHLESS ATM solution for Licensed THC Dispensaries.

Edit: please fill out application entirely on a desktop or laptop computer for best results. I will stay on top of your account daily until you’re rocking and rolling.

Also: no fee next day deposit.

4 Likes

Hey guys, finally got my new site up using WordPress. I made it with the flatsome theme, hosting on SiteGround.

martinjamesco.com

Huge thanks to @moveweight for helping me with a database issue. He was able to find the right person (who happened to be in Pakistan) to fix my problem in a little over an hour. I would definitely recommend using his services for anything WordPress related! Absolute life saver!

3 Likes

Give me a few months while I get myself up to speed, but I will be offering some great deals managed e-commerce solutions for CBD/hemp sites including site design, hosting and support.

2 Likes

Looking clean!

2 Likes

Thanks!

One issue I fixed that might help other people with woo+square:

You can’t automatically combine your JS files if using square; this causes the order of JS loading to get messed up, and your site won’t allow credit card input. So if you’re using any optimization plugins (including your CDN) and you run into this issue, try playing with that setting.

1 Like

Themes offering to minimize / combine css / JavaScript don’t go on your own. I recommend leaving them off. Connecting to Cloudflare (plug-in and website cloudflare.com) get their SSL / CDN / minimizing without the hassle.

Can sell on Amazon too now? I thought that was against their TOS

Has anyone had any problems with their domain getting suspended for selling CBD? Namely, namecheap or godaddy. Saw one instance of someone getting their domain on namecheap suspended, but I was unable to get specifics of what happened.

Also, anyone here using amazon web services? Any problems with CBD websites using EC2 instances?

Cbd products get away with it by describing their product as hemp and removing all cbd details. But yes it can be done, I don’t recommend it for the cbd market. Waste of time. But some other websites products that aren’t cbd can enjoy syncing with amazon and managing both sales simultaneously

1 Like

I’d doubt any CBD company facing domain issues or hosting issues. Highly.

Godaddy I continue to trumpet provides HEMP CBD businesses with stock photography for their websites. So I would EXTREMELY doubt anything with Godaddy facing issues.

Registrars will not remove your .com etc unless you have a federal government takedown. You can lapse on your renewal and have someone buy it out from under you more likely.

Amazon AWS EC2 will work fine… / Google cloud also works just fine.
You’re just going to experience a higher pay grade for solutions. If you want the same cloud infrastructure and slightly less hassle siteground is built on Google cloud.

I don’t recommend paying for Google or Amazon hosting unless you already capture 100+ orders a day and are looking to migrate from Shopify (making money already significantly)

1 Like

G Suite ftw

1 Like

Gsuite is incredible. I praise it along with chrome enterprise for companies

Slightly off topic: but anyone who would like to manage employees, contractors etc and make them be accountable for their work…

Is great and free. You can upgrade to a more professional solution with WP ERP + Timeclock extension but this suits my needs for when building a new website for a client and also providing them with my billable hours.

Anybody have any recommendations on best converting theme or other design decisions? Have you guys played around with how to best convert customers? Or looked at conversions vs. Shopify or Bigcommerce I’d be curious if anybody has been doing any A/B testing and what they’ve learned on how top optimize their sites.

Thanks again!

1 Like

@WS4theWin What were the pain points with Shopify? I’m curious, setting up ecomm now and want to avoid changing platforms. I’ve seen people having good success with Shopify and it also would seem to be well optimized for conversions. Thanks!

1 Like

So it’s not the theme that really helps conversions. Plugins and how well made your site do.

Granted a good theme starting out for a template is crucial, it’s more about how much effort into modifying and customizing it that makes your site better than others with the same theme.

Mobile sites make mobile sales.

Shopify out of the box will make more sales. Woocommerce is far more advanced so if you’re already making good sales and have super variable items and price modifications like discounts / points programs. You have limitations with Shopify and begin taxing your wallet harder as you try to customize further.
Beeketing for woocommerce and Shopify is king for actual conversion sales improvements. Imo

2 Likes

Thanks boss, I appreciate that wisdom and it makes a lot of sense. Where is Shopify limiting?

It seems like it will be more expensive processing transactions, as they tack on their fee on top of the merchant services provider.

I’m inclined to use WooCommerce though as I’m no stranger to a developer environment. However, I feel like Shopify might afford a level of comfort with consumers as it is familiar, I for some reason feel a bit safer when I make a purchase and realize I’m on a Shopify site.

I recently saw someone post their Shopify store stats on LI and they were having 6 figure weeks :astonished:

Thanks again for the ecomm sage wisdom! :call_me_hand:t4:

Facebook has more scam Shopify sites running ads than I’ve ever seen with Wordpress these days. The fee is bs and there is no escape. You can upgrade for 2000 for full “access” to code.

Shopify is the iPhone to Android comparison.

Example: trendyminers.com is a scam.

@seanortiz
A huge example where Shopify fails:

Terpenes.

Say you have 32 flavors. 10 bottle sizes. Price discounts when 5 or more are purchased 10 or more 50 or more etc price breaks. Now also allow mix and match. Coupon codes to apply correctly.

With woocommerce this can be done, albeit with more plugins.

Shopify? Only website premium paid plugins and multiple but they won’t work with Shopify’s point of sale. Only web orders. They also don’t play nice with each other.

Shopify is disconnected from it’s pos system once you start customizing code.

It’s a really shitty bandaid.

3 Likes

As you add products. Shopify can become a hurdle. But it’s fast hosting. That’s where it’s strength is. They’re heavily optimized servers make people walk in and start making products.

3 Likes

Oops, sorry.