CBD E-commerce??

GoDaddy is far from perfect and I’m open to you sharing your experiences. I don’t recommend a sales agent talking to you ever or anyone not from the reseller team working on your account. They are so large the departments are like different businesses.

I practically have written out what I would consider the Godaddy cheat codes to dodging a shitty experience because most people don’t know what a good deal is or how to begin a website purchase let alone a website hosting server setup.

GoDaddy is so large it owns incredible third party companies like Media Temple (bought them) - I highly recommend you take Media Temple AWS hosting experiences for a whirl.

2 Likes

i have been using namecheap for domains and OVH for my hosting needs. Both have been fairly painless, although ovh’s customer portal for managing VPS i could nitpick

3 Likes

I’ve resold namecheap along with inmotionhosting and they provide a decent business model for margins. I personally didn’t see it as helpful for phone support. My experience.

1 Like

i have literally had no reason to call them, nor contact their support so i cannot speak on that

2 Likes

I prefer my customers to call Godaddy and not me. That’s why I prefer their reseller more.

I prefer small fixes to be handled by the white label services.

Emergencies I make myself available.

1 Like

@moveweight sorry I haven’t produced the videos yet, but I just finished the reseller website! I’ve trimmed it down to only the essentials (the most requested products)… domain registration, domain transfer, and wordpress ecommerce (with woocommerce and SSL already installed)…

for anyone looking to launch your website today (no joke)… use these two items from this exact store and your website will be fully functional within 15 minutes to 1 hour. I’ve been developing the web for over a decade and personally have not found a better solution anywhere. I’m the phone support so you can call me with any questions you might have about getting setup. The pricing was just dropped to the minimum allowed retail price, but it may take 48 hours to populate online, sorry about that. Also, I can’t remove the commissions manually, so I’m donating 100% of proceeds from this website to community organizations instead. Your website will have unlimited upstream potential to scale and grow, is entirely future-proof, and will maintain 99% uptime (guaranteed). I don’t want your money, I just to help. Please let me know if I need to simplify anything further to make this easier for everyone to execute, thanks!

1. Register Your New Domain Name
2. Choose eCommerce Package with SSL
3. Integrate Square Merchant Plugin

1. Apply for Square CBD Processing
    (if you use this referral link, we both get $1k free processing)
    (if you use this standard link, no rewards will be issued to anyone)

If you follow these steps you will be satisfied with the end result, because it works every time.
If you need to transfer your domain away from a different host, no problem… use this link.

WordPress Ecommerce

$23.99 per month / Price excludes applicable taxes and ICANN fees.

Get a full-featured online store with fast, simple setup.

• 1 website
  • Unlimited storage
  • Unlimited visits per month
  • Website backup protection with 1-click restore
  • Automatic daily malware scans
  • SEO optimizer
  • SSL certificate
  • 1-click testing site
  • Unlimited malware removal and hack repair
  • $550 marketing credit to Google, Yelp & Bing
  • Automatic installation of WooCommerce
  • No transaction fees
  • Unlimited products
  • Bookings and appointment scheduling
  • Real-time shipping rates
  • Free Premium WooCommerce Storefront design themes
  • Free access to over $1,500 of WooCommerce addon extensions
3 Likes

Look at you! You’ve been busy!

Someone gets it. Did you make a Wordpress with reseller plugin? I’m remaking mine presently.

Seriously so fucking stoked to see someone doing it.

Also: if you ever are looking for partnerships on work. I’d gladly help someone with a similar understanding of our very hyper focused niche.

2 Likes

couldn’t agree more - I find it to be anathema - God forbid you have a team and need to allow teammates admin access to the account. Any ideas for better hosting experiences? have you tried google website hosting with grabbing a domain from them too?

1 Like

Google servers are powerful. Connecting a domain with gsuite and Wordpress hosting is simple. Teammates access? Google you can delegate access to email addresses.

I kind of find the subject of access and Godaddy being an issue ironic. They’ve got an incredible system called Godaddy Pro where you delegate access instantly to anyone of your choosing.

Google is an upgrade from Godaddy’s starter packages for hosting speed, but not customer service. I still recommend having a staff member or third party manage your hosting experiences so you have no gripes.

Media Temple knocks them both out of the ball park. If you got big hosting needs and money ain’t a thing. Amazon AWS builds > Google builds. My opinion, but add on Media Temples team of support and infrastructure and you got a pretty expensive hosting bill.

It’s about what is the best for your initial budget and how you can see ROI before upgrading from $99 a year to $1000+

Google is fancy but you pay per email address. You’re getting free domain privacy. It’s give and take, but most people love Google and gmail and are willing to pay for their hosting based on preference.

Sorry, but delegating access is easiest with Godaddy: they even provide us with custom links for clients to grant us access faster. https://Godaddy.pro/MoveWeight example.

You may also Delegate access from your account by following these instructions…

Just so we’re also aware: Google outsources Godaddy’s reseller team. They also outsource Googles Gsuite & Chrome Enterprise for businesses to third party tech companies. Like Bestbuy and Wix. Siteground (previously recommended) is moving their entire hosting platform to Google Cloud and will provide services Google lacks in. Bluehost is also exceptional and recommended by Wordpress (the actual company)

2 Likes

no, simply because i refuse to give them a penny on ethical grounds

2 Likes

They’re all evil and work together.
Take your pick or self-host (unrealistic for startups)

On another note: unstoppable domains just launched uncensorable domains finally.

I launched a landing page for MoveWeight.zil this morning and began construction on a project I’ve been waiting on…

Now would be an epic time to self host and take cryptocurrencies as payment.

4 Likes

Also: Signing up to Square via referral links for CBD accounts doesn’t work (opinion). It’ll only grant them the usual Square account at 2.6%
The fuckers need to make a cbd+ref link.

The second link: The CBD Sign up link is legit and about a 6 week wait time for Approval.

You can expect 4%-4.5% and CBD / Hemp approvals and no shut downs.

I am also about to provide a Shopify POS / Website with CBD payment processing guide for retail stores. I have a client that chose Shopify over Wordpress+Square. Will update…

Update: PaymentCloudInc will now accept all CBD / Hemp products (ingestible previously was not allowed)

https://stratus.paymentcloudinc.com/me@moveweight.net

You can expect brick and mortar/payment gateway/plugin solution. 4-5% max. No outrageous contracts.

It would be good to have a backup to Square

I also have a CASHLESS ATM solution for Licensed THC Dispensaries.

Edit: please fill out application entirely on a desktop or laptop computer for best results. I will stay on top of your account daily until you’re rocking and rolling.

Also: no fee next day deposit.

4 Likes

Hey guys, finally got my new site up using WordPress. I made it with the flatsome theme, hosting on SiteGround.

martinjamesco.com

Huge thanks to @moveweight for helping me with a database issue. He was able to find the right person (who happened to be in Pakistan) to fix my problem in a little over an hour. I would definitely recommend using his services for anything WordPress related! Absolute life saver!

3 Likes

Give me a few months while I get myself up to speed, but I will be offering some great deals managed e-commerce solutions for CBD/hemp sites including site design, hosting and support.

2 Likes

Looking clean!

2 Likes

Thanks!

One issue I fixed that might help other people with woo+square:

You can’t automatically combine your JS files if using square; this causes the order of JS loading to get messed up, and your site won’t allow credit card input. So if you’re using any optimization plugins (including your CDN) and you run into this issue, try playing with that setting.

1 Like

Themes offering to minimize / combine css / JavaScript don’t go on your own. I recommend leaving them off. Connecting to Cloudflare (plug-in and website cloudflare.com) get their SSL / CDN / minimizing without the hassle.

Can sell on Amazon too now? I thought that was against their TOS

Has anyone had any problems with their domain getting suspended for selling CBD? Namely, namecheap or godaddy. Saw one instance of someone getting their domain on namecheap suspended, but I was unable to get specifics of what happened.

Also, anyone here using amazon web services? Any problems with CBD websites using EC2 instances?