CBD distillate testing

I would like to fill my own vape carts with a CDB distilate and was hoping to get some input on what type of cart to use, what temp works best and anything else that relates to this topic.

The distilate is a sample I got from Mile High Labs. They call it a Free Flow Distilate, not sure what exactly that means but they told me that this is ideal to vape. It has 40-60% CBD as per their claim.
Has anyone here heard of this product or even used it?

Since I only have 1ml of the stuff I thought I would ask around on here how to not waste it by using the wrong equipment :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your input!

Wow! I would ask for more specificity…as in a real COA.

Huffing 40-60% unknowns sounds less than ideal.

Good crude is above 70%, so “distillate” is a strange moniker for “40-60%”. Sounds more like mother liquor.

2 Likes

Excuse my ignorance on this subject, is mother liquor a bad thing?

They did send me a COA but I don’t really understand it. The COA says CBD Potency (%w/w) 58% but when I add the various CBD content numbers I get less than 58%.

I’m looking for a CBD product that I can vape and this is what I found. I’m hopeing to find a product that actually has an effect. The CBD flower I smoked so far (here in Germany) has all been pretty bad.

so post it…

58% CBD is a whole lot more specific that “40-60%”.
how about total cannabinoids?
distillate is generally 80-95% cannabinoids.

nope…but calling it “distillate” seems like misrepresentation, which is not a good thing.

how’s your googlefu?

spending a little time chasing down Search results for 'CBD carts' - Future4200 will probably be informative.

2 Likes

here’s the COA that they sent me with the sample. @cyclopath
any insight would be helpful, thanks.

that paper is not a 3rd party lab analysis. I would not inhale or otherwise consume whatever they sent you

1 Like

@RedundantAlexithymia Thank you for your feedback! I haven’t vaped the product yet. Not sure I will at this point.
Is it common practice to obtain COAs from independent 3rd party labs in this industry?
When I asked the Mile High Rep about the COA he told me that the testing is done in their “own ISO 17025 certified lab”. Is this a red flag in your opinion?

yes and yes.

I agree with @cyclopath; after looking at the “COA” you posted that’s most certainly refined mother’s liquor.

Very curious what “other” is in the minors section of the report lol

Yes, “other” at 5+% doesn’t make me feel any better about the product :wink:

I don’t understand how they arrive at 58% based on these numbers either. Any idea what the math is here?

Thanks for your input. This is all fairly new to me and I’m eager to learn.

So the 58% is just the amount of CBD in the sample; the number we are most concerned about on a COA like this is the TAC; or the the total active cannabinoids; which at 88% is kinda low; means there is roughly 11-12% of non cannabinoid “junk” in the sample; probably terps and other non cannabinoid impurities

Does it have a smell?

I only have a small amount in a syringe so it’s hard smell much of anything. I put a tiny drop on my tongue and it’s bitter with a little bit of earth taste, a little sweetness in the beginning but than it get very bitter in the after taste. I’ll add a picture for color.

I think you have a lot of independent research to do before you start selling anything people are going to be inhaling

1 Like

Absolutely @stoopkid.

CBD is often bitter when ingested. I would agree with everyone else in saying that you shouldn’t vape this. Your best bet would probably be to just make a tincture out of this material and dose yourself that way. In order to get a smell off this I would just place a drop on aluminum foil and heat it on the stove top see if there is a terpy smell coming off.

2 Likes

They tried to sell me on this stuff awhile ago, they wanted 4x what they charge for normal distillate. Acted like they re invented the wheel. Unfortunately they wouldn’t tell me anything about the process

How much is this per kg?

Mile high labs is GMP and ISO. They’re huge, I definitely trust them. Looks like remediated mother liquor to me, and 88% TAC is pretty good actually.

I’m gonna buy some of this if the price is right!

1 Like

@munkdooligan The pricing here in Europe is 6500 EU a kilo, obviously much less in the US. I noticed yesterday that someone from Mile High is actually part of this forum as well. Let us know how it works out for you if you decide to get some.

1 Like