Caviar

Hey guys … any one have any info on how caviar is made ? The pictures of it I’m finding online make it look like my shatter that auto crumbles and crystals up in the vac chamber without whipping , but the tec I’m finding online seems to suggest I make it similar to they way diamonds are made ? Are there different ways ? Any help is a lot of help thanks guys !

Depends on the fish really. Be careful as you puncture the skin and run the knife down the belly. Take a spoon (you’ll probably need a big one) and gently scrape the eggs out. Wash them thangs off and head to market.

16 Likes

are we talking about fish eggs? because if not I’m slightly irritated

5 Likes

Better to cure the caviar and use it for fishing. Salmon and steelhead go crazy for that fresh cured!

And to the OP: Caviar is just fancy talk for small diamonds in sauce. Key word there is in sauce, not nucleated shatter, batter, or crumble. Small diamonds in HTE.

8 Likes

I do great with rattletraps but am too impatient to sit and watch a bobber. Im scared to leave a skein out while casting because I fish off giant boulders and my poles are so expensive. I brought a male home to make caviar with once= oops. That line is asking for it.

2 Likes

U get the best milk from my bull.

1 Like

Akoyeh thank you for the info ! … about the small diamonds not fishing

1 Like

could this be considered cavair? Its fresh frozen live resin sugar chunks. And if I wouldn’t have shot it into a Pyrex pan it would have been released into a Mason jar.

No. At least not in my opinion.

2 Likes

Fresh frozen minus the terps. I can’t even imagine how you can get that consistency from fresh frozen. Your jar looks dry.

1 Like

It looks like shattered shatter to me. I see no real nucleation. Just looks like a busted up thick slab. No sugar. Not crumble, either. And you’re right, super dry. I wonder if it even has a nose.

1 Like

Back to cuisine talk?

Caviar with what is it considereed to be benevolent enough to eat beside a thin slice of toast?

Edit: please show pictures od this caviar you speak of…

1 Like