Cause i can

Doesnt happen until august… if we make it there…

1 Like

This batch went out before i could even test it but i believe the client is waiting for tests back currently

1 Like

I havent seen pesticides causing isomerization i think sulfur could… but i generally dont work with sulfur laden material. I find water washes before first pass to be really hard with all the emulsions… i have some new gear that could manage it… but i havent tried… i might in the future. Most of the time i find vac leaks, powders and extended periods on heat cause isomerization during first pass. Also if theres no water its hard for acids to cause a reaction with sulfur but im not a chemist so thats just a guess.

3 Likes

Providing accurate SOPs for the community is a great thing. Thanks for sharing exactly what was done to this material

3 Likes

Yes… i provided an accurate sop… because people like …, who claim to have professional knowledge on the subject of magsil use and pest remediation could cause serious damage to peoples products, when … make Inaccurate claims of … technical ability. as well as lie to clients about the method used before they sign … mnda, which ends up giving … access to their methods… After causing damages… allows … to then do the process accurately regardless of the confidence … insight with them about … capabilities…

4 Likes

These … Are in fire order broh

3 Likes

Top work as always BD

1 Like

Excellent SOP, really dig the details!!!

Are you giving a talk or presenting a poster there or what? What’s the title? Can you share an abstract?

Vacuum fractionation of cannabis oleoresin

6 Likes

In terms of labor (at whatever you consider your $/hr + any staff), utilities, rent, consumables, raw materials - what is a ballpark $/kg for product that his been subjected to this rigorous process?

Thats subjective. I can really only give you material costs. As well as time is also dictated by system sizes

1 Like

sure, I mean fill in all of the assumptions that come along with you/your team’s equipment and processing capabilities. I would hafta imagine you’re somewhere near $5/g if not more? I imagine that the citric acid and NaCl and mason jars etc. are neglible…but things like man hours, magsil, solvent, rent/utilities are a little less so.

I generally do these calculations centered around a full month’s production. Its helpful because you can get a better idea how much solvent, power, various bills, and product are being used/produced for the calculation. Trying to do this type of calculation on a single day/week get dicey because the work overflows into following days/weeks. One would be right to leave out principle investment costs in these calculations (initial equipment costs) as those are not ongoing costs. Its your process, just reason it out as best ya can (if you’re willing).

2 Likes

Okay, depending on production needs magsil costs about $70/kg of disty you process… so you add 70 to your overall cost. Without spills and proper roto work, heptane loss is negligible. I replace a 5gal bucket every couple months… volume in a man hour day depends on system size… again… skys the limit if you know how to build it :wink:

Loss is generally at most 16% of total yield… so im not too worried there. That all refers to your input cost of material… for me, the product quality is whats necessary to meet my clients standards and he pays well enough for the work that im willing to do it.

I wont say it costs $5/g because that would dictate my starting material cost as being pretty high, but i can assure you, with my methods and systems… the added work is no more then a day to run 100L at a time… but again, i design and build systems for a living… everyones different, all im showing here is the method. Its up to you on how you implement it and if its worth it.

3 Likes

Extraction → ffe → roto to 150c → dilute with heptane → crc column → magsil column → LLE → distill. Seems to be working for me. So u only have to distill once

4 Likes

Totally, i dont do extraction, so i buy wfe distillate and start there, its the easiest to work with… due to typical lipid and Ethanol in etoh crude

1 Like

Interesting, theres a big enough margin in the shitty wfe oil and ur polished stuff to do all this work?
Or are u mainly just fixing other peoples mistakes?

Well, both. It works for me. :man_shrugging: Some people really do want quality above all else, especially when you can dhow and prove it, as well as give them peace of mind

4 Likes

Sweet! Ive been striving for the best even if it takes 2x as many steps.
Its inspiring to see that it works out for you.
Ive been lucky enough to have a client who appreciates the extras steps it takes to make my oil and doesnt think twice about my prices, even though he can probably get it for 20% cheaper elsewhere.

4 Likes

Same as well

3 Likes