Cause i can

Whats your SOP these days Tetra? I always was impressed with your d9. also where is the dewax step in this or are you running cryo etoh lol

Funny you ask cuz im revising my SOP to include louching now between the FFE and CRC column, so i can skip the roto for that step and im getting wayyy better color with minimal powders after the louching. Im still playing around small scale, but plan on buying some SS columns to let the louched stuff drip thru a column of heptane to catch the cannabinoids but let the water soluble fall to the bottom. I can set the rig to drip/spray over night instead of having to babysit a machine.

If u ever messed around with a terp seperator on a steam system, its the same kinda idea, excess water will drop out the bottom allowing the heptane layer to always stay in the column. Then when done, drop it thru molsieve and crc->decarb->spd

6 Likes

2L of hexane solution? so 1L of distillate? or 4L of solution holding 2L Distillate? Trying to scale for up to 3L at a time for 5L runs…great write up Sir! Thanks a million!

2:1 hep:crude

thank you! meant heptane by the way not hexane*

Its 1:1 so 3L of disty to 3L heptane

2 Likes

I wouldnt run crude through magsil for alot of reasons

2 Likes

Right. The material will become spent nearly immediately

3 Likes

would you just tripple bed depth? or is that an overshot amount of Magsil that should be able to hold 3x the cited 2.5" x 6" capacity in your experience?..thanks for the feedback…hoping to have some experience with this process by end of week, just grabbed supply list :metal::metal::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::green_heart::green_heart:

I would try doubling the bed depth… Then clean up and set up and run a different column… Then see how much more is needed

In all reality if I was going to do this process I would actually set up a 1 inch wide column and use that as a testing bay for figuring out how much magsil is required to do the process… Then do my ratio conversion and scale it up

3 Likes

I also wouldnt just solely use magsil for many reasons.
Magsil is last in the crc powder list of things u need to use.
Id run it thru b80/t5 and AA at the top first before running it thru magsil pr.
Technically imo anything ur running thru crc is crude. Crude is oil that isnt finished yet, regardless of how many times its been distilled. If its not finished, its crude.

4 Likes

Well, what you consider isnt the common name for it. Granted crude is a borrowed term from petroleum. But if you use the term to explain distillate, no one will understand what youre talking about.

Aure b80, t5, carbon if youre in ethanol… but magsil will pick up thca and hold it back… so id agree with you… its not good for crude unless prior color stripping is done and its decarbd

3 Likes

Whose using ethanol for crc?

1 Like

I call virgin material crude. Anything beyond first process is considered feed stock even if it’s just winterized. Processed fluids is clearly different than crude.

2 Likes

I call it doo doo butter

It’s either crude or hot piss to me mang

1 Like

Who still calls it crc? Media filtration has been around forever… everyone using it in bho has just taken the concept indofab brought to the table and suddenly labels everything that way…

2 Likes

crc is faster to type then media filtration, and everyone knows what it means.
I was really just asking about the ethanol part, cuz i dont hear anyone using the term crc or media filtration with ethanol, that solvent usually is riding along with the keyword “scrubbing” which u know is a different

4 Likes

The concept is still the same. This is t a debate on terminology. Using crude to define disty is just ignorant. Carbon absorbs chlorophyll molecules and some coloring agents while ethanol is used as a solvent. But processing is much the same. Granted there are better ways to filter out carbon then using a bed. It is still an extremely beneficial step to use when using ethanol to extract with.

2 Likes

Hey thank you for your knowledge share.

Would you care to elaborate how much kg biomass with wich % potency biomass is needed to produce 1kg…

I sense there must be a great deal of loss with all of this processing. Through all the medias and all adjustments with ph?

I would like to have the guts and resources to go and try it out…

Enjoy