cat seizure product

Trying to improve the well being of a cat with FIP. In most cases from what I’ve been told by vets or read, it ends up being fatal. The cat has a lot of seizures, and your classic anticonvulsants like phenobarbitol have been used to no avail. I’ll be starting a dive into literature searches, etc… but if anyone has any experience on the animal side of hemp/thc products, I’d love to hear any anecdotes.

Unfortunately most vets that I’ve spoken with so far seem to be completely uneducated in CBD/THC remedies for cat ailments or refuse to discuss them for varying reasons.

Rather strange topic, but I figured I’d reach out about it anyway.

2 Likes

Our cat has cerebellar hypoplasia. Got her from a shelter. It was sort of sad/cute at first watching her tumble around, but now that she’s getting bigger she really crashes into stuff.

I’ve just started poking around about it since we’ve all been on house arrest. Mostly just found anecdotal stuff. Seems like CBD can have more sedative like effects for cats, and thc has the potential to scare them a little.

Interested as well.

There’s a review of the topical I manufactured for HoneyColony where the woman’s cat began seizuring and a few sprays of the stuff stopped in its tracks

2 Likes

Interesting. Do you have a link to your topical/review? Ingredient list, all that good stuff?

A topical? I was assuming delivery would be oral.

1 Like

I make a full spectrum pet product (1% concentration) that works well for some animals that have seizures. Pretty straightforward to make just use hempseed oil and crude or distillate

Not a verified slanger so delete if not allowed, but id be willing to send a bottle of our full spec pet line to see if it makes a difference. Only thing I would need from you is feedback on the effectiveness.

2 Likes

Do you have any kind of CoA to go with it? I’d be happy to trial it if you can provide some data, as not verified.

1 Like

Would that pertain to me as well?

1 Like

Absolutely. Ill DM you.

2 Likes

Definitely. Ill DM You.

2 Likes

Did that work? Took a minute to figure it out…

She’s a cutie pie, dontcha think?

1 Like

The advice given to me my my vet tek girlfriend is to put the cat down, Fip is always fatal and will cause the cats body to fill with fluid. Cbd may stop the seizures, but the kind thing to do is put the cat down… sorry for the grim advice

Fip, sometimes called the feline coronavirus? That’s some timing…

cats do get the corona virus, mostly it just causes dysentery. FIP is a mutated corona virus, instead of causing chronic diarrhea it caused the cats tissues to fill with fluid.

1 Like

I just looked it up further :pensive:

Poor kitty

1 Like

She sprayed the stuff into the cats mouth

1 Like