Carts that don't sugar

You’re not losing the terpene fraction if you remove the terpenes from the thca prior to decarb. The only reason distillate is so cheap is because people are extracting crude oil from misc sources and then selling it for cheap to be processed into distillate. If you’re already producing crude bho then why pay a third party for processing distillate when you could just as easily crystallize your thca, separate it from your volatiles and decarb it into the exact same d9 with less than half the effort of actual distillation.

3 Likes

Your somewhat correct in your assessment but

Extracting crude to distillate is probably easier and takes less time then you extracting with hydrocarbons. Separating the terps from the thc-a then Decarbing to reintroducing. This is coming from someone that done both ways, and only sells hydrocarbon equipment so you would think if 100% agree.

Not only that but the actual cost of material is somewhat different as distillate can be made from just about any input and thc-a and Fire terps are gonna take a much higher quality which usually correlates with a much higher price.

You correct though. Both are gonna be pretty much the same d9 thc though.

#notallterplivesmatter

2 Likes

You can get thca from literally any input material. And using multiple solvents, plus the time involved in proper winterization, filtration/prep and then finally distillation is at least 3x more labor intensive than simply decarbing white crystalline powder. You can produce d9 from crystalline thca for a fraction of the cost of distillation. The only caveat is you gotta have a real type 7 license in cali. For literally every other state this is a non issue but in cali there’s all these labs who can only do nonvolatile so their business model perpetuates itself. It doesn’t cost less than using lpg, they just dont have any other option.

1 Like

Centrifuges do wonders for those who are looking for “budget thca” so to speak.

3 Likes

You can get thca from any material but the older and shittier it gets the lower the amount which means more extracting.

I don’t know. I find distillation much easier than what your describing. I’ve been primarily a hydrocarbon extractor. I would never decarb diamonds to get thc. It absolutely makes no sense to me based on a number of variables but if it’s working for your company. More power to you guys.

I just feel thc-a is worth more than thc and there really isn’t a good reason I can think of which takes a more expensive compound. Heating it up to make a cheaper compound. :man_shrugging:t3:

I’m just a customer these days.

I remember chatting in Vegas and you saying the clear sauce we we smoking you wanted to charge $100 a gram. I don’t know any decarbed diamond pens fetching that money.

1 Like

https://californiastreetcannabis.com/product/ursa-extracts-golden-mints-liquid-diamond-sauce-vape-cartridge-1g-h/

When the redditors figure out that ursa switched from Wolkentek to iCell, im probably gonna redo my shop

2 Likes

Lol. They gonna ddos your site.

1 Like

https://botanicommj.com/vapes/green-dot-labs-fse-500mg-cartridges/

Heres another brand that gets close to 100/g

I’ve smoked enough green dot shit from CO to know it’s not worth it.

2 Likes

I know, connor just sent one of his homies out to CO to do the pepsi challenge and not one pen could touch the special terps + distillate in a wolkentek. The rosin carts I’ve tried were wack too.

And im pretty sure these terps arent even live resin. We arent even on another level. We are on a totally different server than the regulated markets.

NonE of the terp are live resin I assume. I would have to guess they are all from cured resin. I can ask.

And I think what I’m smoking and likely your smoking is top shelf in any market.

2 Likes

bro your nails made me throw up a little

1 Like

not my nails,cart or oil thankfully :grimacing:

3 Likes

I feel you OP. I have been trying to make the perfect carts and have tried nearly everything for months on end.

I can make a relatively terpy shatter. Beautiful color and completely transparent. And ideally that’s what you want to see in a cart - transparent light colored gold viscous liquid.

Sadly, even with adding Terpenes to it to aid it, it will still go solid. Won’t feed through the cart inlets and becomes useless until reheated.

Decarbing is such a touchy process, go too high and you will have an oil that tastes like ass, too low and it won’t do anything.

I can create a very aesthetically pleasing looking cart but it won’t work past the third puff.

Oh and I totally get you can add PYUR or other “organic” cutting agents but no one wants that, really. You wouldn’t buy it from a store so why should I have it at home?

Pyur is a scam product👌

Pyur is c8 mct

3 Likes

Separate that thca from terps, quick butane rinse, (Allow terps to “re-crash in separate jar, super important step) add anything else that re crashes in with the thca to be washed and then remove solvent with vac oven, pulverize and put it in a RBF with a stir bar at 140-160c (vac optional but doesn’t hurt and could lessen degradation) for around 4-5 hours or until you see no more Co2 bubbles, I’ve gone as far as 7-8 hours and seen very little to no degradation or isomerization on labs. Once you have your thca fully Decarboxylated just add it back to the terps and homogenize with a stir bar and your in business. I haven’t seen a cart crash since I started doing this procedure, don’t be scared to push that decarb step.

8 Likes

I’d kill for a tutorial for a process like that. I am limited on equipment but I’ll see what I can slap together.

1 Like

A lot of that can be simplified, Don’t over think it. Just separate the crystals and melt them, purge the terps under vac for a little bit and add them back together.

2 Likes

Can anyone definitely say what % decarb. is required to stop crashing in a cart. I don’t think you need to go through the whole THCa crash/separate THCa decarb in order to preserve the terp profile. At 140 C (pretty low for a decarb I can fully decarb 500g BHO crude in a few hours although I’ll admit some can take much longer. If I could tell be TLC that my decarb was approx. 50% I don’t think that carts would crash out and my terps aren’t burnt or boiled away ( see my tricks of the trade, inverted lid with overhead stirring set-up) My biggest problem has been finding a suitable carrier that effectively separates THC and THCa on a plate for % decarb determination. Any help in this regard would be F’n awesome…Thanks all!