Cartridges filler

Get the cf1000… That way you’ll have the capacity to do more when it comes time to scale up

2 Likes

The reason I’d recommend the 250 is if you want to pump out a batch of 100 here and there it’s be easier to do that on a smaller rig and as long as your solution is staying hot on a hot plate you can just keep pouring if you need more :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I fill about 700 per day with a syringe, I do 4 flavours
Is the only difference the tank size for the CF

700 a day @ 4 flavors is 175 per batch I would get the 250

7 Likes

did you rtfm?

Limitations of Use

This instrument is designed for dispensing samples, observing the following physical limits:

• Use between +15°C and +40°C (59°F and 104°F) of instrument and reagent
  • Vapor pressure up to 500 mbar
  • Kinematic viscosity:
    • 20 mPa/s with 50mL PD-Tip™ syringe tips
    • 260 mPa/s with 5mL PD-Tip™ syringe tips
    • 977 mPa/s with 1.25mL PD-Tip™ syringe tips

20 mPa/s == 20 centipoise

water is about 0.9 and propylene glycol is 16
(Liquids - Dynamic Viscosities)

getting distillate below 20cP is going to require getting it above 40C (opinion only. no viscometer). Keeping it there while you dispense 50 carts would also be required…

1 Like

essentially…and if you look at them, you’ll see that you could hook up a 6"x48" jacketed column as a reservoir if you had one lying around.

(6 wooks, one column…)

edit: @(#$&)(*$@# that 6"x48" column holds 22liters. it’s gonna be a long day for those 6 wooks…

9 Likes

Please get a cart farmer. I couldn’t recommend anything more highly.

6 Likes

Yea Imma get a cart farmer I read a lot about it looking forward to use it
Any nice fast screw on capping machine for like 3-4k i use vape bit but idk it only fully screws when u hold the cart or pen

4 Likes

Auto pipetters are nice (we use handisteps all the time) but not for filling carts. The motors can’t handle thick oil and when they clog it’s a shitshow. Heat gun does not play nicely with those tips

3 Likes

Use a drill and a socket :person_shrugging:

Edit: instead of spending 3-4k on a fancy capping machine you could buy one of these for every employee you have that loves power drill capping and still afford a drill for every one of them

2 Likes

I don’t have employees :joy::joy: once’s I start filling 20000 monthly then I’ll get one, I got a universal socket I seen someone recommended on future4200 works good but cart moves a lot and doesn’t fully tighten it still have to handy twist it at the end

2 Likes

Place your carts on a silicone mat it will stop them from spinning

If that’s not enough build a lil clamp and apply slight pressure to the foam packs

3 Likes

Ok I’ll try that out next time I fill thanks everyone!! Greatly appreciate it

2 Likes

With a 22liter reservoir, and 6 filler wooks, one is looking a 5-6 hour shift, given the cappers keep pace

1 Like

yeah, but that’s a dozen wooks total right?

if one only has six wooks, and wanted the cappers to have a solid shot at keeping up, it should be two wooks one column?

plus four on cappers?!?

and a 16 hr day IF they get breaks.

4 Likes

What is this word? I don’t believe I know this word, it must be in wook

4 Likes

Must be talking about paking a one hitter in the bathroom or something

5 Likes

If its icell they can get away with 3 and 3, but they’ll need 12 hours. It would probably be better just to use a smaller res

Also Im not sure of a homogenizer that can handle mixing 22l… maybe a reactor.

4 Likes

Jack that reactor up about 4ft and feed right out of it after mixing and you’re cooking

8 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Best Auto Filler, Capper and Filling Solutions:

1 Like