Cartfarm shilled? Am I stupid? U tell me

I don’t own a CF50 but I have used it and it was good to use. Guy I used it with didn’t have proper temps going so it flowed slower, tried telling him he needs to run it slightly hotter but he was insistent as to not burn any terps.

I have spent a small fortune on custom machines and what is available in the market. Machines that can fill single units to 5 units at once or even 100 cartridges/disposables at once.

This past Monday we had to run a job on a new 2g disposable that wasn’t ideally suited to some of our machines and of the two machines which could run the disposable one of them was acting up.

Decided to fire up two of our cart farmers Monday afternoon. Did 10K disposables in a couple of hours training multiple ladies filling who had briefly used the cart farmer months ago when we first got them.

@qma was nice enough to explain on facetime how these things run. We got a 10-minute crash course on it for our manager last year or early this year I think.

We had two Cart Farmers (cf1000) running with 1 person dedicated to just pouring the oil into the tanks.

These two cart farmers fed into 3 table setup with two ladies on each table placing mouthpieces on the disposables quickly as possible.

1 person was dedicated to simply using a 7-ton press machine to finally press the 50 mouthpieces at once in the original foam tray.

We could hardly keep up with how fast the disposables were being filled. We did on average about 26K-29K disposables a day by Thursday Morning we had completed 97.5K

This was such a smooth operation it is unbelievable.

I have used the cart farmers before. I have done maybe 100K plus disposables before with different employees over the last year but never ran full jobs like these.

The product itself is a beast!! I can’t imagine keeping up with two of these but my manager just asked me to get two more just in case.

I will say this though and it isn’t a complaint I think we are doing something wrong which I need to discuss with @qma we keep damaging the rubber seal/rings inside the barrel every now and then. Luckily I had a couple of repair kits in stock so it wasn’t an issue.

LOL I just feel we are very aggressive with how fast and how hard we press the oil out.

I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. I sell a lot of hardware to a lot of folks who use these and I can understand why. While I have spent an insane amount of money on automated solutions.

If you have personnel who are capable of doing manual work. These damn things put 100K-300K dollar setups to shame in number of output units.

Over the next month, we are going to be completing this entire order (400K units) only using the cart farmers.

11 Likes

The answer to the black washer is this:

That washer is thicker and has a larger outer diameter, allowing for far longer life

5 Likes

How much is that team of people being paid per hour?

2 Likes

10 people - 200-300

2 Likes

That’s a good question. Hourly labor costs will eventually make automation cost effective.

He’s making more carts per hour than say a xylem tech (1100 carts per hour) which is $100k plus, using @Greenleafpro numbers would take 333 hours of filling time (aka someone has to be in the building) to become cost effective. A ten man team with manual cart farmers produces at least 3000 carts per hour, which is almost triple the xylem. Multiplying that 333 hours 2.7x is 908.2 hours to become cost effective for ONE vape cartridge style. If you have someone in the building 24/7 you could become cost effective in 37.8 production days. That’s approximately 7.6 weeks (5 days 24 hour days)

Since your initial investment for that 10 man team is about 1600 in cart farmers, 5000 in cappers and about 1000 in misc equipment (that you’d need for the autofiller) the guys with the farmer can close down shop and pivot to something else if the guys with the xylem take over. And they wouldn’t have had to give a portion of their company to someone else so they can go buck wild buying whatever else they need to pivot.

Of course I am juicing the numbers because a 10 man team can easily sustain 4000 carts an hour if fillers are constantly rotated every batch. If that 10 man team is using dual farmers, (+$10,000) that number increases to 7500-8000 per hour. And every year I’m gonna find new and more elaborate ways to make that number higher

4 Likes

How long are the heat pads you’re sending out with cartfarmers supposed to last?

1 Like

This thread is answering all the questions a few of my clients have had when I suggest they consider bootstrapping with a CF vs dropping a bunch on a fancy filler.

Thanks everyone for asking the questions and @qma for the levelheaded responses

13 Likes

It depends on how much concentrate you get on them or if you double wrap them. I know some operations with 3 year old heat pads still plugging away, and others whom churn through one every other week.

2 Likes

How about the temp controller themselves? I got one that overshoots then quits, the other works fine… had to switch the belt elements to another PID.

text me your order number so I can replace it

9 Likes

Has you dropped it into auto-tune mode?

I’d guess it learned wrong and needs re-educated about the process it’s trying to control

Could also just be dead, but that has almost always taken extenuating circumstances (idiot electrician, flooded, …) for the dozens of pissed off PID that have passed through my hands.

4 Likes

It’s second hand

both pads are good but one PID is fucked it seems, I’ll see if one of my Ogden PIDs likes working with it

I’m not sure, I haven’t had a moment to RTFM yet but I should have some time later

2 Likes

depending on the generation I may be able to hook you up, I have a ton of perfectly functional gen 2 and gen 3 boxes, just pay shipping

4 Likes

:man_shrugging: not sure what generation it is

Thats generation 1, from 3 to 4 years ago are all the wires in place?

yeah, continuity looks good on the wires too… do you have a manual for the PID itself? can’t seem to find one looking for jy-260.

2 Likes

Similar to this model

1 Like

the music is enraging, do you know if there’s a way to factory reset?