Cartfarm shilled? Am I stupid? U tell me

98k was the cost.

510 threaded carts are the number one carts in Oregon by a long shot, Oregon isnt the biggest on disposables and honestly we dont really want to offer them anyways due to their environmental impact. There is enough waste in this industry as is.

14 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Has it ever broken down?

1 Like

Sure, like anything else that has 500+ moving parts things have broken. Nothing has had us down for more than a day or two though. The manufacturer has always been able to overnight spare parts from their facility in Texas with no charge.

The machine is very easy to diagnose and troubleshoot issues on the fly. Everything is extremely well labeled and all the automation can been seen live on what sensor is active or not active at any given time. so say a sensor comes out of alignment the HMI will show you you station 7 alarm and then you can look at station 7’s inputs and outputs and there will no light on for the station 7 sensor and you can check the corresponding sensor and readjust it and be back up and running without more than a few minutes of downtime.

4 Likes

I have some questions too

How many hours a day does this machine run?

How long does it take to change batches?

1 Like

Were not running it all day every day, I would say a few hours a day is average. We usually do 2-3000 cart batches at a time. It takes about 10-15 minutes to switch batches. Its in the room with our post processing and analytics so the person overseeing it is usually multitasking on other processes too.

3 Likes

kf4 is similar to vape jet semi auto?

Same general functionality, different philosophy. They use compressed air, we use gravity

I wonder if there is anyone running this system (Xylem) at scale other than @PkBros

I don’t think they liked theirs

how would you improve on a xylem?

Scrap the entire design and use its parts in cells on a conveyor like an actual equipment manufacturer would. There is not one truly viable cart filling automation on the market. By viable I mean able to out compete a $6000 dual farmer, $4000 hydralic press, and 2 wooks. Most people employing huge teams are not trying to keep up with a 1000 cart per hour machine when it takes them 15 minutes to do the same “manually”.

All the people who have argued in favor of automation always note that they are performing other processes at the same time, basically having one person run around the lab like plateup on day 30. No real factory does that. They have one guy overseeing one machine that can output tens to hundreds of times more than a manual team can, not the reverse. I’m arguing scale with people operating in pilot scale bubbles lol

Does juul fill manually?

1 Like

Are they still in business?

Edit. Looks so. They probably fill them in china with kid labor.

Not sure, but if they aren’t it definitely isn’t because they weren’t popular and crushing the market

They got pushed out of business by these guys

No they didn’t lol

go to your local smoke shop or gas station

Filled with juuls and 510 carts

Maybe florida is different, so lets analyze some statistics.

In 2020, Juul held 63% of the entire vaping market, where it’s next competitor, Vuse, held 24%. Now fast forward to 2022:

Vuse’s market share rose from 37.4 percent in the previous report to 39 percent, compared with Juul declining from 30.7 percent to 29.4 percent.

Losing half of your market share in two years, and on a steady year over year decline isn’t winning lol

What does this have to do with manually filling? Does juul use syringes and human power to fill their devices? Or do they have an automatic line pumping them out?

1 Like

What does filling flavored pg/vg blends have to do with filling cannabanoids that must be heated, flavored with volatiles that don’t take heat well?

They have hundreds of automatic machines. Unfortunately for JUUL, legislation in the united states for vapes is predatory and punishes scaling. Producers are seeing the same scenarios play out in cannabis, so they aren’t investing millions of dollars in infrastructure that can be sued away from them. Instead, they are investing that money into their marketing and distribution.

How do you think 3chi fills?

1 Like