CART PRESS: does anybody have any recommendations on Cart presses?

Half ton will do the job. You can get it at your local Harbor Freight

2 Likes

Everyone in here is looking for a more serious press

1 Like

We use this one. Takes a little cleaning/modification but it works.

2 Likes

You use the leather press for press tops or snap tops?

Ceramic press top carts, 100 at a time.

Ceramics sounds like snap tops. There are few ceramic press tops due to the nature of ceramic

They may be, we use a couple different carts for different lines. The ceramic ones are from avg.

Us too. Switched to the easy press style carts and never going back. Use that same vevor leather press, super easy. Zero breakage and it’s a way better deal than those 15k squishers.

4 Likes

We tried the leather press and could barely get 10 to press fully Would have taken longer taking our carts out of the 117 ct tray into 10 counts to press, so we gave up. I’m looking for something that could press 117 at a time for not $35000.

For some reason my bosses won’t consider any other hardware, but also are cheap. So trying to find an option that would work. Though seems like most people here only have experience with snap ons or easy press.

2 Likes

Your only options with press fits are arbor press 1 at a time or get the 8 or 16 ton press

1 Like

Can you show me a picture of the 117 ct tray?

3 Likes

If you are running small quantity capping, then a manual carts capping machine can help; if medium or large quantity capping, auto capping can do better over this. check longwillmachinery Hulk 2.0 capping machine, can cap 100pcs carts and pens per time

there are options which press the whole tray and affordable

1 Like

I guess he is using a 13*9 tray,saw that before,but still interested in to see the tray too

2 Likes

@QBD420 is correct. We are running the 13x9 Thompson duke trays.

We are currently able to produce 4k per day with 3 people pressing one at a time. Could probably manage almost twice that if we could press enough at a time.

I found a 12 ton hydraulic shop press on Vevor for $160, but I’d rather not ask for it if it won’t be enough force.

The standard industry presses are only 10-30 ton presses, but because of the automation and brand names they get pricey.

Found a 50 ton press from harbor freight for about $1600.

Just want to be sure it would work before investing in another failed experiment like the leather press.

3 Likes

What modifications did you have to make?

It was painted with a shitty oily paint that came off on everything and the linear guides (bearings) were slightly misaligned and bound up. I used an angle grinder to remove paint and fixed the binding issue by opening up mounting holes.

2 Likes

We have some really good options here at High End Dabzation (www.hedcarts.com). We offer pressing tools specifically designed for sealing pressurized cartridges. Currently have a solo press, dual press, and an air press for high production outputs.

The HED Solo Press is pictured below.

Your dual and full ceramic presses still out of stock or is the site wrong? Been wanting to grab a double press for a while but its been marked out of stock for months now.

Yeah we lowkey halted production on it a bit to roll out the HED Air Press plus we had to upgrade some of the components on the Dual Press before bringing it back to market…will actually be available again for the fall season.

1 Like