Cart flavor

Hey guys hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! Just a quick dumb question. Made a great batch of distillate carts with 3.5 percent terpenes the other day. The first cart I filled tasted very strong of the terpenes but turned out great. A few days later I filled about 10 and all of them seem to have lost the flavor or possibly even have a burnt taste when vaped. All from the same batch as the first cart that tasted great. Was thinking it was either over heated with a hair dryer while filling? Or because I didn’t flip the carts upside down after filling, or the terp taste has faded because of the small amount to start with? Just kinda puzzled at what could have my most recent carts tasting different than the first cart just days ago! Thanks guys appreciate y’all!

How are you mixing the Terps and disty?

What temp are you mixing at?

What type of cart?

Any refilling used carts that pose the taste difference?

What brand terps?

Any odor from master batch of distillate? How about on a nail?

Most of us use 10% for great flavor.

3-5% for cannabis derived Terps

1 Like

Denver terpenes blueberry mixed in at like 100-130 degrees. CCell glass carts. No refills. The distillate has basically zero odor. I agree 3.5 is low but still my biggest question is why my first cart I felt like I could’ve Almost put in too much terps because it was very Blueberry tasting and now I am not tasting much at all in the following carts just days later from the same batch. Just odd

you missed an important question, how are you mixing it? If not fully homogenized you may have had a lot of terp in one cart and little in the rest

2 Likes

If your adding terps by the syringe you u use to fill your carts, it’s best to flushed the syring with the mixed distilate acouple times so there’s not more terpenes in the first couple of carts from the leftover terps in the syringe if that makes sense.

Also, making sure it’s completely homogenized as other said is big. When ever you think it’s completely mix, do that it 3 times that. Worth the extra 10 mins

Edit: usually I get a burnt taste if I under mix my terps or I’m using 1st pass for carts

1 Like

I have noticed with denver terps after 3-4 days of sitting the flavor is MUCH less present than even 24 hours (flip time) after making it. 3.5% is on the lower end imo most people say go 5-8%.

A good way to check if something is completely homogenized is by shining a light from the back of your mix and looking at it from the opposite side. this allows you to see any terp swirls with in the mixture. I have even used this technique on amber jars.

2 Likes

The added flavoring evaps off so you’re just tasting the blander terpenes

This sounds like a case of not mixing long enough or hot enough or both. I’ve found the sweet spot for my mixing is about 79°C (on a mag stirrer) and I go about 20-30 minutes on 100ml in a beaker. I do 8% canna terps and it’s almost perfect. I might try adding 1% by volume CBD disty just to get it a tad bit more runny. Hope this helps!