Cart farm questions

hey all. can i clean the cart farm with any of these. acetone, naphtha, ever clear or iso 70%. what heat tube is do you guys recommend to keep the heat pads permanently on the tube? does anyone know of a good step by step setup video. last question. i use the compression g5 type tips. i saw a video of a guy looking like he used a socket to press the tips on. is that a different type of tip, or can that be used on those?

1 Like

I use iso 99%, ethanol 99% food grade would probably be the smartest.
I wouldn’t use acetone or napthala.
Some use MCT oil or other oils and just push a ton through.
Heat pads only while heating process, if you heat while you clean you’ll make an alcohol geyser if it’s process temps.
You can permasleeve the tube but then you don’t know how it looks which I don’t like.
You’re going to have to post the tips your talking about, if they’re compression tips idt the socket method works for you.

I can make a video if it doesn’t exist but it’s going to take a week or two.

4 Likes

thanks so much.

1 Like

Order some 99% isopropyl alcohol for cleaning. Acetone will work, but you need to move fast so you don’t damage gaskets. I use zip ties outside of my insulation to keep heat pads on. Just have temp at around 65c for cleaning. It cleans easier when warm. Then run mct through to be sure you got all the alcohol out. The G5 tips need an arbor press or adjustable pliers. Be careful not to damage the bottom 510 thread if using pliers. You’ll want to wrap a bunch of tape or grind off teeth if you go that route.

2 Likes

just remember the taste threshhold for iso is like 500 ppm… make sure you don’t leave residue behind

3 Likes

Freshly made for you @Hippymeds
Any comments or concerns are welcomed, the last thing I want is to spread bad information.

@qma @cart.farm

12 Likes

Video unavailable?

2 Likes

80% - 5 minutes left; sorry lol its late here. Just wanted to post before I fell asleep. Should be available soon.

Sick I don’t own my own video because of the music in the background. Noted for the future - I am not remaking this lol.

5 Likes

THANK YOU!!! This is exactly what I needed.

3 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate your appreciation. Ofc the comments on YouTube are hateful so I turned those off.

2 Likes

well fuck them in the goat ass lol. do you guys use carts that are pressure sealed, or screwed on ?

1 Like

I know. The comment read something like now your cart farmer is full of poison or something a youtuber dildo would say. I updated the description with the federal code stating medical instruments can be cleaned with isopropyl and disabled comments. If you truly believe isopropyl is poison feel free to use 99% food grade ethanol, the kind with excise tax (isopropyl alcohol metabolizes to acetone in your blood, but the video clearly states to bake and dry all parts and I’ve never failed a solvent test so that’s for you to judge). We used the ascent 1 g press on top ceramics for a long time. We’re currently not filling carts while we gauge whether or not we want to stay in delta 8 production or not. I’m selling my lab and all its assets currently on another thread.

2 Likes

brother i hate to keep asking you questions, but this is exactly what i have been looking for. im trying to basically come up with an efficient operation. i have seen so many videos showing people use the cart farmer. they fill 100 carts super fast, but it does not show the capping. i bought the ascent tips as well. i have read about the arbor press from harbor freight , and bought one. are you guys using an arbor press as well? what is the most efficient way to use an arbor press, and seal 100 tips after you fill them fast. we are in the process of getting everything set up, but i want to master it myself, then i can train people. thanks again. feel free to pm me if easier there. im gonna go look for your other post to see what all you have for sale. again, thank you. i really appreciate it.

2 Likes

No reason to take it to private messages. I want people to succeed in life.

I deal with capping by cutting my 100 cart foams into quarters and pass them off as they’re filled (25 at a time) that way there isn’t a fight for the same arm space. Usually they sit at the other end of the table and I put them in the center for them to grab (you only have 5 minutes to cap so its important that you aren’t fighting for space and losing precious time). So fill 25, pass 25, cap 25, turn upside down to cure.
The blade I use for foam cutting is like this but a craft brand from Jo-ann fabrics:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-25-mm-Metal-Body-Snap-Off-Knife-DWHT10045/202710467

Arbor presses are one way to go. Another way to go is by building an induction motor foot pedal powered capper, which is complicated to start up but easy once its made. You just put the cart in the cavity and hit the foot pedal. These would be similar to how the new auto-farmer uses an induction motor to inject, but you’d have to get a 3d printer to make the housing and press.

I don’t believe the arbor press can effectively cap 25 at a time, some users here are working on this problem and may have a better solution.

The end-all-be-all and what I do is hand capping. That way I know I will have the fewest leakers per run because there is hands on every capping action and they are listening/feeling for the 1 to 2 clicks you get when you press down.

5 Likes

what do you use to hand cap them?

1 Like

My hands.

Specifically my thumbs. One tech asked if they’re allowed to bring thimbles in, maybe that would save the fingertips bc it really can hurt after a few hundred. My way is only viable in small scale operations. If you’re making 10k+ a week you’re going to want an autocapper or an arbor press, or something I can’t suggest because I don’t know it exists yet.

3 Likes

Have you guys tried socket wrenches for capping?

4 Likes

For screw tops yeah, but I haven’t used screw tops in nearly 1.5 years. The homie who bought the two cf1000s from you is using the capping bit tip with success right now.

how do you use a socket wrench to cap them? i have heard people mention it, but i never saw it explained.

1 Like

what temp do you put your oven on btw?