Cars ur building!

First the new turbo getting the oil drain, coolant hardlines installed and seeing if the new braided line will fit well

Ripping out the older avcs hard lines

Clearing out the inlet and redoing the vac line connections after doing some cutting

“Mitch all together”

I think its time to replace the intercooler real quick next with another tmic. If I ever replace the engine and tranny so it can handle more power I’ll slap a bigger turbo and fmic on it but this should do ok for now

7 Likes

What kind of car is that?

1 Like

Also can we call agree to flag the Cadillac allante post. Car is such a piece of shit that it almost seems like a facetious response to my post

I have an 09 Silverado and the rear brake springs are a fucking nightmare to install. Theres a special tool needed to get them back on. Pita.
Hope yours go back on easy.

2 Likes

2008 WRX. I figured after getting it paid off why not learn how to make it a champion and get myself a solid mechanical understanding of cars with something that I don’t owe money on. Work has been holding up really well - no leaks anymore except what was there before - aka small oil leak on the back of the block (2 new washers and a torque wrench should do it) which ironically will be able to reached when i take off the passenger side cv axle to replace the tranny seals. I was thinking the seals might be ripped but i am also now thinking I’m an excitable pothead who pumped the gear oil into the tranny too hard last time (yuk yuk) and pushed the seals back out and caused a leak so its time to remove, inspect, maybe replace and then actually go slowly and let my gear oil gravity feed into the dipstick hole vs using a transfer pump.

Hooray.

I wanna get some fun parts soon though. Ideally new front control arms and a new set of coilovers to go with it cuz fake rally car

Maybe even one of these since I don’t see the install being more than a few minutes of my time…I think

5 Likes

Thank god I didn’t have to swap em. Just had to swap a bent axle :joy:

The “new” diff I bought from a junkyard came w a bent axle. Swapped her out, she’s a fuckin torque beast now lol

3 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Any dsm guys here?

1 Like

… until the gsx pulls up

1 Like

Yeah they don’t drive on dirt soooo…

I don’t get it … it’s a gsx not a gst. It drives on dirt…? … or where your referencing the side exit and implying my car is only legal on dirt? It’s an issue lol. making a custom exhaust with an electrical valve so I can keep the functionality of the side exit and not get pulled over 100percent of the time

Former 4g63T owner. Little engine work will get you 5-6 hundred easy. Im sure you know.

edit: see the bumper exhaust. might be built already.

1 Like

Oh yea she’s built. Top end only but that’s all these things need done for 5-600. Behive and kelford 272 cams , ported heads, upgraded capacity injectors and pump, custom insulated headers to the holset hx 35 and straight out the side exit. Front mount intercooler, it’s running like 16 psi. Waste gate and blow off valve both upgraded and running to atmosphere… things a little monster

Had one back in 07. Put down 400whp. That was quick for the time

1 Like

I think that’s about what mine is putting down now. 400 in a 3200 pound car with awd and a fast reving 2.0 liter is definitely a fast car. But yea these days people are going all the way to 800plus . Witch puts its time up there with all the latest million dollar super cars