Carbonated Dabs

So it turns out we were correct from the get go and the “new tek” from DirtyArmFarm was just decarbed diamonds. In his explanation for how this makes the dabs better he claims that decarbing before vaporizing removes the CO2 factor from the vapor making for a smoother and more bioavailable smoke. On the other hand we have Extractioneering releasing a line of carbonated dabs. Wouldnt this have the opposite effect? Or is all of this nonsense sales tactics being used for markup?

6 Likes

This all sounds like marketing to me

6 Likes

Where is the proof? Just curious so I can catch up on reading.

“Carbonated Dabs” as in the concentrate still has the acid group on it? So they are selling THCa. Almost every concentrate ever created has primarily THCa. Maybe a little D9 if the removal of residual solvents was to harsh but never enough to really matter. If someone is claiming “Carbonated Dabs” is something new they are obviously oblivious to how cannabinoids work.

6 Likes

I just read through all of extractioneering comments on that post it’s just gas exspansion tek he’s using thats some simple shit. A lot of etho wash guys did this to make their alcohols colder & expand a better surface area while not compromising the taste of the concentrate. Whether it be hops or flower.

1 Like

So dry ice in etho basically? Make the ethanol ‘carbonated’?

Sorta, my thought on the way they’re doing theirs is literally submerging in Ln2 then extraction with tane as that is exactly the process seems to be describes but only makes sense as they says they mix the “material “ resin? Into co2 then extracts with butane. Which would make sense to not grab as many impurities & basically be doing the same shit the clear scientist is doing with straight concentrates on the hash Ln2 setup. Pure resinous product when filtered right during extraction.

But the thing I don’t like is him not removing the cosolvent fully before distributing says this in the post. & you can observe a obvious atmospheric release as well as the jar releasing volatiles bonded to the co2 while he opens the jar & stirs it. I wouldn’t be pushing something that does that personally.

1 Like

CO2 extractions with ethanol co-solvents is a fairly old practice with plenty of SFE units having an ethanol cosolvent pump option like Waters SFE units, switching it up to have EtOH be the primary solvent with a CO2 cosolvent would theoretically have the same/similar effect I would guess?

1 Like

That’s what my thoughts were as well. It should in theory act the same.

Not that i really agree with what these people are saying i think its a sales pitch but i have noticed decarbed oil is slightly more smooth to dab side by side same strain and oil

So from the perspective of DAF yes “carbonated dabs” would be a cannabinoid with the acid group still on it, and by having this released upon inhalation you are choking on CO2 and not getting the best experience possible, thus np-710 is decarbed diamonds in terp sauce. Extractioneering on the other hand is adding CO2, I believe as a cosolvent, apart from the CO2 already contained in the acid group and not removing it from the “finished” product prior to sale.

What does this all mean? Probably nothing, but if there is something good and new shouldnt we all try and learn as much as we can about it.

1 Like

Thats what I’m curious of, Ive had decarbed diamonds in a cart before and it was alright but I’m not really a cart fan anyway. Stoner logic says less CO2 and more THC vapor is better so maybe DAF is right but he also claimed that this was a new exclusive tek and that was entirely false.

2 Likes

I will say that they do make amazing live resin some of the best stuff I’ve ever dabbed . I have dabbed a good amount of live resin from many sources too . I just don’t like how they portray themselves over the internet and how they make questionable false claims . Not a single other person / group i know acts that way

2 Likes

Oh man, really? I haven’t really checked their ig.

I wouldn’t be showing off jars popping from residuals either.

The popping is definitely sketch

Hahahaha, that’s funny af to watch. I absolutely don’t know what’s benefit that has to the end user to keep the co2 in there, looks I guess.

2 Likes

Exactly, it’s just showing off co solvent release, soda companies have been doing that for years.

Ive had jars of terps never once have enough co2 to set off a meter let alone pressurize that much it should drop out any acid groups into formation.

2 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed everything I had from them, except the tangie, last time I was in pdx. I have nothing negative to say about their products. But I could not agree more with the way he handles himself on IG. I like some good trolling he just isnt good at it.

Let’s be honest tho, marketing means a lot at the end of the day.

Both of these companies know how to sell themselves.

1 Like

They deff caught my interest, I mean I would certainly purchase each of these products at least once just to see what’s up.

1 Like