Carbon filtration for color and odor removal of extracted Ethonol/ Crude oil for Cannabis..

Contact Heyes Filters Inc. if you need pre-filtration, color and odor remediation or anything else for that matter. We have 12" and 16" Carbon lenticular filters IN STOCK!!!
310-212-7777
GET HEYES’d

https://future4200.com/uploads/short-url/n3vEKcxJf6NIAPEcsbaeXfufpn0.pdf
https://future4200.com/uploads/short-url/887Hn8vik09opoDCrpwZNRx7zOh.pdf

1 Like

Deja vu! Haven’t I seen multiple posts from you saying the same things over, and over Mr. heyes? Why don’t you drop some info on us about your stuff, and how it can improve our process instead of you and your staff spamming us with ads everyday? I’d love to read some blog type posts from you informing is of the things a filter supplier deals with daily trying to provide the best filtration equipment, and consumables to its customers… just sayin…

Hello,

Sorry for the “Spam” coming your way over and over. I was not aware that that was the format that would then be received. New to the Future 4200 format… still learning. Will send information your way for sure. Thanks for the 4200 lesson…

2 Likes

Please send me your email to mikel@heyesfilters.com

1 Like

Hey Mike. The idea here is to share info with everyone, not just a few through email. I’ve got a question for you: on average how many gallons of warm or cold ethanol extract can a 12 or 16" lenticular carbon filter cartridge effectively clean up? Say you’re doing a cold ethanol extraction but you’ve still got some residual green color, how many gallons would that carbon cartridge work for? Those housings and cartridges aren’t cheap and we need to know if we’d be changing them once a day, once a week, etc.

2 Likes

We have found that in this marketplace a typical 12" carbon module can process between 250-300 gallons of the Ethanol/ Crude oil mixture. To achieve this throughput there needs to be some upstream particle removal so as not to challenge the carbon media with “filtering” out bits and pieces of plant matter. We do this typically with a bag housing and bag filter media. A 12" module has (1.8m2) of surface area. A 16" module has double that (3.6m2). We have seen most folks in this industry opt for a 2 high 12" lenticular housing and these can operate one or two modules at a time. The value is in the 16" version as there is more surface area (longer life) overall and if your volumes are small to begin with you can run 12" modules inside the 16" housing. This gives you room to grow and not have to replace the equipment as your business and production grows.

2 Likes

Great info, thanks!

1 Like

Do you have any thoughts on a re-usable media filter bag (for a #2 or #1 bag housing) that’s filled with granular AC as an alternative to the lenticular with a carbon module? Do you think you’d get longer life between changes? Also, bag housings are generally less expensive, and the carbon refills I imagine would be way less expensive than modules.

1 Like

Yes that would be true about the overall cost being lower to dose loose carbon into a bag but the offset is the additional labor of filling and monitoring the carbon run, and making sure that NONE of the carbon got downstream into your finished product. If there is any carbon in your product you are faced with now remidiating that issue.
With the lenticular there is no need to worry about anything downstream as the lenticular modules are designed to prevent any loose carbon getting downstream in your finished product. It’s a balance of time and resources.

1 Like

Heyes is legit. Gotta hustle though. Can’t hate on that toooooo much.