Captagon, The New Poor Man's Cocaine

I saw an MSN clickbait article about “Captagon”, the new poor man’s cocaine. Having loved research chemicals as a kid, this intrigued me. According to Al-Jazeera:

Captagon was the brand name of a psychoactive medicine produced in the 1960s by the German company Degussa Pharma Gruppe. It was mainly prescribed as a treatment for attention deficit disorder, narcolepsy and as a central nervous system stimulant.

Captagon tablets contained fenetylline, a synthetic drug of the phenethylamine family

It is primarily produced in Syria, to fund terrorist organization Hezbollah. Scary stuff, indeed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/poor-man-s-cocaine-costing-3-a-pill-threatens-to-proliferate/ar-AA1foEry

2 Likes

57 billion turnover in 2022
More than all Mexican cartels together!!!
Main reason Saudi Arabia is on speaking terms with Assad
For it s becoming a pandemic in the Arab nations

8 Likes

Contamination of drugs has been bad here stateside. Cocaine has always been bad with benzocaine, fentanyl, ephedra, etc. Now it’s xylazine in coke and heroin, that literally rots people’s flesh. The illicit drug trade is disgusting.

5 Likes

calling captagon a “poor mans cocaine” is odd. Apparently these days illicit captagon isnt always fenetylline, but a host of other phenethylamine stims pressed into the classic captagon tablet much like in the US, roxycet 30 presses on street containing fent and other opioids. Fenetylline is a neat one tho, its a co-drug of amphetamine+Theophylline. Always been curious as to what its like. It def shouldnt be anything like the classical relaxing stimulant - cocaine tho

5 Likes

Production ramped up significantly as a result of the Caesar sanctions, which have devastated the nation’s economy. The government has been forced to rely on illicit narcotics trade because their legal exports have been cut off.

But of course it’s the poorest and most helpless people who suffer the most from these sanctions. Fuel shotages, bread lines, etc. Anyone who says these sanctions are for humanitarian reasons needs their head checked.

5 Likes

You’re totally right. Pure booger sugar isn’t a phenylethylamine at all. It isn’t comparable to anything like NEH.

It is nothing like the 2C series or mixed amph salts I used to love as a kid.

I’d be surprised if that afghan ephedra meth doesn’t end up in those pills

4 Likes

Afghanistan is thousands of miles from Syria, and the government of Afghanistan is not on good terms with the Syrian government and allies. I’d be very surprised.

1 Like

Sounds more like Vyvanse, dexamphetamine paired with lysine as a pro drug. Might be a bit more mellow than Vyvanse since it’s made with amphetamine vs dextroamphetamine.

4 Likes

Is this the same stuff as the synthetic coke you’d see advertised in the back of old magazines?? Like way before my time even in the early 80s or late 70s

2 Likes

Heres me in the early 80s on “synth coke”

13 Likes

2 Likes

DLR hair has a fucking ring like saturn. He is the GOAT

2 Likes

I feel like he’s a great guy to talk about when blown out of your skull but there would be NO WAY IN HELL to match his energy if he did it with you thusly ensuring a heart attack, haha

2 Likes

similar but different. Vyvance is a pro-drug, Captagon is a co-drug/mutual pro-drug. Ill try n comeback later and describe the diff in the context of these two products if google is no help in the meantime

3 Likes

I googled it and Wikipedia says it was in the US for 25 years and got cut from a minimal amount of abuse. If it were still being prescribed today, it would be given to the adults who need Adderall.

2 Likes

Fun fact Africa and the middle east are also the world’s largest illicit manufacturers of quaaludes.

Edit: was told, it’s not easy to find and very little real quaaludes are actually being made in clandestine labs in Africa. Well shit :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::octopus:

2 Likes

To the choppa!

A pro-drug is an inactive form of a medication that the body converts into an active drug after administration, while a co-drug is a single compound that contains two active drugs, which are released in the body to act independently. Think of a pro-drug as a “precursor” that becomes the actual medicine inside the body, and a co-drug as a “combo pill” that splits into two separate medicines once it’s inside the body. This is a simplified description of the two types of products but fits well enough for the drugs discussed in this thread.

Now, what potential co-drugs could be made with canabinoids? Any?

5 Likes

Yep
Thc-a / dmea (noontropic ):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes