Capna 6 questions

Does anyone have a manual for a Capna 6 either hard copy or PDF?

Also what is the best pump to use on these systems because I was thinking a diaphragm… no more sucking-crude-and-ruining-the-pump issues

I’m selling the unit shortly but I wanna send it off in a manner that is gunna lead someone to success with it rather than not

1 Like

I can copy one of our manuals if you need it, but they’re completely worthless.
The capnas require high CFM pumps - they are based on volume and not absolute vacuum. A diaphragm pump isn’t going to cut it, you’ll need at least an Edwards 30 to be able to run the thing with any efficiency. The Welch pump supplied by Capna is woefully underpowered. We run two of them on a 3 phase Edwards 40 with the roots booster, and they work great. Make sure you have a centrifuge to spin out the biomass; the vacuum procedure recommended by Capna is a joke.

3 Likes

Yeah if you can, I know the manual is probably useless but at least I’ll be able to tell someone it can be used and explain the operating procedure - by the way which there’s only actually one link for that and it’s not during an actual run…

Definitely have a fuge, a shitty China one identical to the Ceres, I hate it too, and some pandas, were are awesome and terrible at the same time

How much crude are you pulling into your pump?

We’ve got a trap for the pump, so not pulling much oil into it. That’ll cut your pump life way down. Always a little, tho, gotta have the vapor filter on the pump outlet or you get a lab full of fog.

Have you done the top hinge mod or the elbow mod? I found that the tops don’t seal correctly without a change to the geometry, and the big feed hose that goes into the top keeps the top from staying open while you fill it unless you change it out.

There’s a guy on eBay who sells the bags much more reasonably than buying them from Capna.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been looking at replacing the current pump with a sogevac 40 or 65. I haven’t done the mod yet, but thought about it. Do you by chance have the link for the guy on eBay?

Edit: I typed in Capna bag into eBay and I’m assuming, since it’s the only link, that’s the one

That’s your guy.

I did a little tutorial on the hose mod here, search for Capna mod. The lid mod is pretty easy, you just need to machine the hinge to allow the lid to seal, or weld up a new pivot. We did one of each on our two machines.

1 Like

An Edwards 30 will make a world of difference over the factory pump, and they’re readily available.

Yeah my local supply place has a sogevac 65, it’s 2x the cfm of the Edward’s but comes with the benefit of being chemical duty so any crude that may get sucked in won’t readily kill the pump so much, or at least I’m hoping

I don’t know that pump, but it sounds like a great solution. CFM is your friend, because the pump is primarily moving fluid, and the faster you can move the fluid around, the more efficient (time-wise) the Capna is

2 Likes

Here’s the manual. It’s scanned from my tech’s phone, but it should get you started.

We have lots of experience with these machines, so reach out if we can help.

John Capna Manual.pdf (5.5 MB)

1 Like

Do you happen to have a ARES 2 Manual from CAPNA like the Ethos? We are having a difficult time getting one from the company. Thank you in advance.

I wish I could help you, but we don’t use that unit. We recover with a proprietary falling film and rotovaps. Try positing a new thread requesting a copy of that manual in the title, someone here can probably help. Unsurprised to learn that Capna isn’t helpful.

1 Like

Thank you, I have created a new thread last night and hoping for something soon.

Hi, Just started to work in an extraction facility in Israel and got a Capna Ethos 6 to work with. first of all- thank you very much for the manual. the company didn’t have one and the SOP they work with doesn’t seem to be efficient. now I see they added several stages to the Capna SOP. Can I contact you with some questions?

Burn the machine, let it take the facility down with it, use the insurance to buy a better machine

1 Like

planned that for the Apeks bambino I refuse to operare. Seriously doubting the burn and claim sop will work twice

2 Likes

Do it to both

Aim the bambino at the fuge, when it goes it’ll kill two lame ducks with one insurance claim

2 Likes

Man, The Israeli cannabis industry has been custied by the best of them. I’m sure that pretty fast it was all bets between salesmen who will deliver the most absurd piece of shit at the highest price

2 Likes

I’ve reached the guy who designed the ethos 6, gave me some tips, he claims increasing cfm will not reduce contact time with biomass and will not effect ethanol recovery. To me it sounds counter intuitive but my experience is with butane