Canopy Growth Exits Retail

So, I’m sure this probably isn’t much for news for all y’all Canadians but how the mighty have fallen:

Someone who knows, this is just a liquidity thing from them burning $1B+ in Q1, right?

8 Likes

they’ll be doing delta 8 before you know it

6 Likes

:rofl: No they won’t lol.

I have a trip to visit them in 3 weeks. Before MJBiz.

2 Likes

Pretty sure they paid around 600m for all those retail spots and are selling the portfolio for like 20m. No one company has burned more investor cash then CGC. 5billion just blown down the toilet and they don’t have a path to profitability. There thinking USA legalizing will solve all their problems but it’s just gonna get worse. I would say CGC is the shiny example of the worst run cannabis business in existence. They couldn’t even pay the right people to come in and get them to where they need to be. Also you can have all the production in the world but if you don’t have sales you have nothing. Not sure where they plan on moving all their boof now that they don’t own the retail

13 Likes

Tons of soft closings / suspensions of operations.

The roof is currently forecasted to be on fire, so to the floor it is…

4 Likes

Canada: We have an opportunity to be world leaders in Cannabis!

Canadians: Umm, how did you fuck this up so badly?

Government and business collusion in this market has been a terrible joke for anyone with sense.

6 Likes

It was a joke, :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I had one of my older patients that I am a caregiver for ask me if they should invest in cannabis stocks. I said absolutely not. The trend line for CGC is pitiful and is reflected in every single piece of news about them.

3 Likes

Did a bunch of puts on them after mumbling joe pardoned people, they went up 20% and right back to the basement. Betting they’ll fail is the only way to invest in those ones

3 Likes

Yea easy money. Sucks not all of the cannabis companies that are publicly traded have options on them. Agrify ours looking good tho too. Same with tilray

2 Likes