CannaDrip Water-Soluble THC Syrup

Where’d you hear if it crystallizes it’s real honey? If you warmed up honey and added sugar to it, then let it cool, that would crystallize but would not be pure honey.

I heard the latest Is to cut honey with rice syrup because it’s so far very difficult to check for. The only way to know you’re not getting cut honey is to know your source.

1 Like

Natural honey will crystalize. If I don’t get around to using my honey then it will crystalize on me before I can unseal the bottle. Most honey that has been adulterated will not naturally crystalize due to the balance of natural/artificial sugars and whatever else the manufacture adds. I.E. High Fructose Corn Syrup, Rice Syrup, Tapioca Syrup.

Do your research on the brand you choose. I did mine and found a product I believe in and trust.

1 Like

“I heard the latest Is to cut honey with rice syrup”

A few years ago, yes, but the newest is to literally invent a new sugar every year. The list of sugars that can be tested for is longer every year, but it is by no means an exhaustive list. There are too many wild plants in China from which a sugar may be extracted. It’s a cat and mouse game that will go on forever.

The Mennonites near me sell jams and honey in folksy little bottles, acting like it is a local product. But in my state the only labeling required is the bottling location. So they buy drums of flavored syrup, largely from overseas, and then label it as locally bottled honey.

Even a true product can vary a lot in quality. Some operations feed their bees a constant supply of sugar water. It does make real honey, but is missing the antioxidants and other healthy stuff that is in the honey when the bees forage naturally.

3 Likes

Is anyone looking at their emulsions under a microscope? Anyone got cool pictures?

3 Likes

Cool I figured it was just a leftover from the original write up. Planning on trying out the sop in about 2 weeks so wanted to know if reincorporation was still the move.

1 Like

Oh also don’t know if you noticed but koolaid packs can vary by almost a gram. Most are closer to a .5g over but it varies from pack to pack so I weigh them now

1 Like

I use koolaid packets to taste. Meaning I flavor and try it out each time so my batches are probably not as consistent on flavor as they should be.

1 Like

With Kool Aid packets in flavoring syrup, I’ve found that 1 packet makes 8oz of syrup with the right amount of flavoring. The packets are meant to make 32oz so I’ve had success with using them for 1/4 that.

I get what you are saying. Thank you for contributing your recipe, I didn’t mean to seem as if I was contradicting it in any way.

2 Likes

Not at all. I appreciate you adding on top of the discussion. I only meant to outline the true goal of this recipe in my response. I will eventually test your method as well. Different formulations may provide better applications for different platforms other than what the CannaDrip recipe was originally intended for.

3 Likes

Just use a 1:1 ratio for the simple syrup instead of using 1 ½ cup water. This formula was originally designed to replicate sizzurp.

2 Likes

Do you mix it back in with the homogenizer? Or just with a wisk, as I wouldn’t want to mess that part up.
I was also wondering what was the longest shelf life you got out of this SOP at room temperature? Could it be increased maybe by adding potassium sorbate?

Currently the longest I have waited is 1 calendar year. No issues whatsoever. I mix it back in with the immersion blender for up to 15 seconds. Mostly short bursts.

4 Likes

I think it’s very important to know the dose of any edible before consuming. This recipe calls for 10 grams of rosin. The strength of that 1250ml is roughly 6000mg assuming thc percentage is 60-70%? Just seems like this syrup is very potent. Could I use just 1.5-2 grams of rosin to make the potency closer to 1.2-2mg per ml?

You can use this recipe however you want. This recipe uses distillate. If you want to decarb rosin I would use half as much. Your choice though. I made the recipe this way for a reason.

1 Like

absolutely agree on “know your potency” before consuming any edible. that applies to both the edible and the user doing the eating.
do you need 10mg, 100mg, or 2mg to achieve your desired result?

2mg/ml is rough for those who need 100+mg to achieve the desired results.

why do you imagine @C-BASS13 is using distillate?
recommends cutting extract in 1/2 if using rosin?

You don’t have to cut it by half, but I found that I need less of a full spec extract as opposed to something like distillate where I find myself chasing higher concentrations of THC. This formulation is mainly for high dosing strictly because it packs a punch like no other edible I have tried. I love all the iterations people have made of this recipe though!

2 Likes

I wrote a bit about my use of this recipe in a different tread.

The chocolate syrup works great in coffee and milkshakes. I’m not sure if the coconut oil helps much but it doesn’t seem to hurt anything either with the chocolate or the honey, I basically double the amount of lecithin to help emulsify the added oil.

I liked the strength enough to bump it up to 20grams rosin extract per 1000ml finished syrup.

2 Likes