Cannabis Lab 101: Technical Overview of Potency Determinization

https://www.laboverflow.com/blog/technical-overview-of-potency-determinization

9 Likes

I’d like to know why this d8 I have has somehow gotten stronger. RAW no terps and it’s way more potent than it was when I first got it.

( it’s like 3 yrs old now)

It’s also kind of a strange feeling. Not like reg cannabis buzz. Or d9 for that matter. Eyes red…I’m high but …it’s weird…idk I don’t like it. Prob gonna just throw the rest away.

I’m not into synthetic noids…I was gonna start a d8 brand but decided not to when I heard of someone experiencing strange side affects.

Pardon the rant. Anyone know what’s up w d8? Packing more of a punch after sitting around a while?

*Side side note…bogus cannabis does suck

2 Likes

Send it in for a test?

4 Likes

Then go back and send the stuff from three years ago for testing too…

I just thought maybe someone here might know. I don’t sell it…not planning to ever. And idc enough to spend $100+ and wait 4 months to figure it out.

Thanks for the recommendation though. :facepunch:

Why is this ”might be D8” I didn’t have analytics on three years ago getting me stoneder that it used to?

No idea without analytics…
Need them NOW and THEN.

TheN you will never know…

And who are you using for testing that takes 4 months to return results?

…maybe it’s you that has changed

Maybe your local environment is super saturated in real cannabis terpenes, and everything you huff is infused with high enhancing non fake terpenes…

5 Likes

Good question! Also what are you actually getting charged for potency?

I’m running samples from home growers for $20 a pop.

3 Likes

I’m offering HPLC consulting and can be performed on a remote basis.

Sample prep, instrument calibration, analysis, integration and quantification.

I can also help you source an instrument if you want to start doing your own potency testing in-house.

10 years HPLC experience in several industries (Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, and Cannabis).

21 CFR 211 regulatory experience.

Agilent, Waters, Shimadzu systems.

I’ve worked with all kinds of people, from those with little to no experience, to PhDs.

Hit me up!

4 Likes

Ok… :thinking: I thought I already replied to you about this. Pretty sure I did.

You assumed I was implying something about it being b/c of the terps I had. I said I smoked it RAW. And it still acted like d9.

I didn’t ask you any more questions. I also apologized if you were offended by me opening with “sup nerd” (It was a compliment)

I guess you were bored when you decided to respond AGAIN. Lol …I saw what you wrote last time…Im not bothering you anymore. I know you don’t like me.

Live your life dude. I won’t bug you.

You’re being offered $20 testing.

I asked who is taking 4 months.

Show me where you answered that.

1 Like

I’m a lawyer in Georgia representing companies that sell D8 and other hemp products. We are in litigation involving law enforcement claiming my clients are selling hot products based on testing they’ve done with Orange Photonics’ Lightlab 3 equipment. I’ve seen mixed reviews regarding accuracy–the company itself says they became capable of testing for D8 in April 2021.

Any help is much appreciated, as my clients are hardworking, honest folks up against it.

8 Likes

I really doubt the light lab delivers reproducible and accurate results for d9/d8.

11 Likes

Ask about their RSD.

1 Like

There is likely D9 in the D8 and the Lightlab may not be sufficient in separating them nor the other isomers.

7 Likes

Yeah, what all them nice folks said.

LEOs with oranges might as well be orangutans….

They don’t know shit from shinola with those analytics.

5 Likes

As far as I know using only light on cannabinoids is about as quantitative as TLC.

3 Likes

Despite using the wrong tool for the job, chances are that the cops are actually right on this one.

Most D8 is probably STILL non-compliant for D9.

There are certainly folks here that spent the time and money to make compliant D8, but they are outnumbered 10:1 by folks who simply tested with labs who didn’t bother looking hard enough to ID the D9.

Does Georgia require your client KNOWINGLY cross that line?

10 Likes

Seo definitely working. Attorneys coming in for the q&a and if it’s hot or not being the issue. D8 premonitions

2 Likes

He came from my subreddit lol

1 Like

XD you backlinking?

If so great work.

1 Like