Cannabis Inflorescence - USP considerations for quality attributes

Really enjoyed reading through this article 'Cannabis Inflorescence for Medical Purposes: US Pharmacopeia quality attributes. Interested if anyone else has read through this article and your thoughts?

Did enjoy the USP reference list for the different testing points.

Journal of Natural Products.pdf (1.7 MB)
Journal of Natural Products - Supporting Document pack.pdf (2.5 MB)

2 Likes

Quality considerations for medical cannabis flower for international offtake.

2 Likes

Shout out to South Africa!

1 Like

The attached video discusses the Dutch and German monographs for medical ‘pharma’ grade cannabis, are there any good reviews on cannabis monographs out there?

American Herbal Pharmacopoeia’s Cannabis Inflorescence Quality Control Monograph

I have it, 64 pages. It’s old. From 2013. But it’s good no doubt. I’d upload page images if you want to see anything in particular.

1 Like

Thank you, yes have seen it previously. My main question is if cultivators are using it to product a very consistent starting botanical product that can be used for clinical trial work?

The Preview of the AHP Cannabis document is also worth a read if you are considering purchsing or just want to learn more.

Also check out the AHP’s documents and webinars on herbal GMP - most of the fundamentals remain the same regardless of which plant you are using.

2 Likes

I’m not. My cultivation methodologies are far superior for the most part, relying on up to date research and plant science, optimizing everything. I assume the same for goes for the other growers here.

I bought it back in 2013 to add to my library.

Agreed. Thanks for sharing the preview. If anyone sees anything in the preview they want to read, I’m happy to take photos or scan pages, if you don’t want to spent $50.

I saw the video discussed the Dutch cannabis monograph that they are using for quality control considerations for pharma flower. Uploaded it below:
Dutch Reference Monograph.pdf (413.6 KB)

1 Like

Do you happen to have the German cannabis monograph?

Has anyone had stability data for flower or own formulations that has specifically spent a year in a stability cabinet? Interested in the rate of change in the sample…

Also very interested to see if anyone has generated some shelf life stability data with a certified stability cabinet?