Cannabis in a can

OK, so I just saw that cannabis is being sold in metal pop-top cans. They look just like a cat food can, with a pull-off lid. From the bit that I read, it appears that this is occurring in California.

Has anybody had experience with “Cannabis in a Can”? The claims that I saw indicated storage times of 2 years. Who stores their stash for that long?

Is this tek used in any other area, other than in Cali? How about in the new Illinois or Michigan recreational market?

1 Like

Some of these tuna can type machines drop a few drops of liquid N2 into the can before sealing it. No oxygen storage + no light should increase shelf life. I’ve bought them from dispensaries in NorCal but I don’t see them in licensed shops around LA too much, mostly glass jars.

1 Like

We have them in Amsterdam
Most hold devils harvest strains
Nitrogen filled with a wand

5 Likes

Not familiar with the term “Devil’s Harvest Strains”…please explain

2 Likes

You see this more in the U.K. with Cali packs getting shipped overseas in “Cookies” tins. I’m assuming it’s more for visual appeal/customs. There is not a single licensed dispensary in my state that uses these. The flower inside is usually decent looking but I’ve noticed they always have an excessive amount of shake. Not sure if this is people just putting shake in to get rid of it or if they’re just getting destroyed rummaging around in metal cans

3 Likes

Yeah, I was curious about breakage. It would seem that the concept would be best suited for larger quantities, amounts that come close to filling the can.

1 Like

Do you think they add liquid terps?

Yep also dudes put uk stuff in the tins so they can charge more for “cali” the fakery over here is brutal… of course the contents of the tin may just be as good as cali depending on genetics and grower but it’s all a dumb trend to take advantage of “flavour chasers” who spend silly amounts of money on weed to flex on instagram.
devils harvest are a uk seed breeder i think. my friend ran a couple of their strains and they were both good from what i remember.one was a strawberry diesel
the uk scene is funny because it’s usually only specific cuts that get mass produced by criminal gangs.the blues/livers and cheese were first then came the ammo/amnesia haze and now stardawg is the main one… zkittles and gelato seem to be next up but not as prevalent as others as they are seen as more exotic.

2 Likes

Actually, I would be OK if a can had a specified weight for the buds contained inside, and a second, total weight, that includes the shake weight included as a packing cushion.

2 Likes

Could always use some kind of packing material to make up the space and keep your buds from moving around inside your container.

The narcs can legally poke the bags and boxes with a syringe effectively disrupting the vacuum seal while triggering the dogs, which then gives them a reason to search and confiscate the packs. In metal containers the chance of losing a delivery is supposed to be much lower. But idk honestly I work.in a legal state, but everytime I get a message or request from an asshat toting cans and dank vapes or Mario carts they just get auto blocked…

5 Likes

Haven’t seen them in Michigan but our recreational market is pretty much non existent yet. A few rec dispensaries just opened in the last month. Hell the medicinal market here is still struggling to open grows and dispensaries and it’s been over 10 years.

1 Like

My buddy in UK says without those cans he can’t sell his flowers :person_facepalming::joy:

1 Like

Me either?

Devils harvest is a Dutch seed bank that create strains
They used to be a duo responsible for
Shoreline strain
The American has left the duo but the Dutch guy still runs the seed bank

4 Likes

I need to get some for my bug-out bag, and survivalist stockpile.

Canned bullets, check
Canned food, check
Canned water, check
Canned pot, check

Now I just gotta remember matches

5 Likes

Do you have a legit source that states packages can be stabbed with needles? What if you had a very expensive purse or something that would be ruined with being stabbed… is that not destruction of property?

1 Like

Ring pull tins quite common in UK, you can, as already mentioned, buy them prelabelled, but you can also buy them blank and put your own labels/strains on. I personally found them too expensive and only usefull for 8ths and qtrs … Sealabe mylar pouches are more common/cheaper.

This reminds me of one of the greatest scams I ever heard
Son of a American ambasodor located in Nigeria the story says
He took a real old log of wood and hand carved a beautifull walking cane
Went to get it insured saying it was an antiec original walking cane from one of the tribal kings a master piece of nigarian art invaleuble
He insuered it for a lot of money paying a hefty fee
After 2 years of having it insured he placed the cane in a water bath with yust a sprinkle of cocaine
Then took a flight to the USA
Upon arrival the customs walked up and their dog went ballistic
Sir we need to have a look at that cane
Sure says the guy if you sign a paper stating that you are the one damaging the cane no problem
They signed the paper damaged the cane with holes etc etc and the fellow
Got an amazing payout from the insurance company :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I have seen these cans out of NY. In my experience they seem best to hide and sell PM.