Cannabis Flower Remediation

What are you kids using to nuke your moldy weed in hyper vigilant states?

1 Like

that thing must just murder the terps, bet the chamber post run smells decent tho! :laughing:

1 Like

micorwaves make terps smell like buttered popcorn

1 Like

I’d never want to keep this as a smokable flower. Remediate by ways of extraction and post processing. filtering out the mold would be the best route.

4 Likes

those .22 micron canister filters seem to work nicely

2 Likes

I used to think this - until it came out that small amounts of microorganisms on weed can be transferred in the aerosol from non-combustion vaping devices leading to those microorganisms, which usually wouldn’t be aerosolized, getting into your lungs.

Doesn’t matter for most humans but for immune compromised ones on chemo like my wife, it could kill them. So now I’m all kind - all weed must be sterilized (I jest!) but really that just meant that my wife no longer gets to have any flower at all. Concentrates and edibles only.

Seems like it might be nice to have some method to prevent this - that doesn’t involve combustion which really upsets her esophagus. :frowning:

Its crazy how this science pendulum swings for me. At first I was afraid that the THC would be degraded (there are studies, it does happen, but its not nearly as bad as people pretend it is). And then I thought the entourage/ensemble effect would be defeated, but even most of the terps stick around for most of the methods.

So now I just don’t know what to think. I want my wife to be able to consume flower using her Mighty. And I don’t want aerosolized microbes getting in her lungs… And I also want the weed to be of appropriate quality that consuming it helps her symptoms.

Such a conundrum we are in!

3 Likes