Cannabis en vivo gene expression

Let’s talk about cannabis genes. The potential that is locked up in them, and exactly how we force transcription of these genes.

Cannabis, although we don’t act like it, is an extremely rugged plant, and it is extremely hard to kill. It is resistant to many pathogens and pests. It also has defense mechanisms for herbivore and other land mammals. It is an ancient plant, more than likely present before humans. Which means it has the amazing ability to adapt to it’s environment very quickly…

Gene conscription is modulated and controlled by the phytochrome and cryptochrome systems. These two systems are controlled through Far Red(phyto) and UV(crypto) light. The irradiation of these wavelengths promote gene expression as well as other phenomenon.

Expressing certain genes, can change the metabolic pathway, and increase some very important metabolites. The most important are going to be… Polyphenols, cannabinoids, and terpens. I mention terpens last because through my testing and trials I have found that the phenolic content of the flower has much more effect on flavor and odor than we give them credit for. Flavonoids, tannins etc, and we have a much more diverse gene code when we include them.

Gene conscription leads to both positive and negative outcomes. I have found that it is much harder to grow extremely large plants without wasted energy, or a lack luster spectrum. No more baby arm/donky d colas. Plants that have a tendency to hermaphrodite do… Etc. However there are far more positive outcomes that I have experienced. Increased resin production, Unique aromatic profiles, unique flavor profiles, density and growth. Etc.

My experiments have been through cloned growth, grown in many different styles, HPS, CMH, INDUCTION, LED. In each case the difference in the plants morphology was apparent. And the greatest influence on this was light quality. Feed, media, etc. had minimal impact on my experiments. Super soil, Living soil, Hydro. If a plant can not metabolism the feed you are giving it quickly, it is wasted and washed out or locked up and hurting you. The two factors that control matabolism are temperature and photo radiation.

I hit post on accident gotta work will finish later :joy:

6 Likes

Gene conscription is not a term I’ve seen.

Transcription? Or ?!?

2 Likes

This was a draft I didn’t even mean to post and it’s an auto correct or brain fart written out probably.

1 Like

:wink:

Given how manipulative we are, gene Conscription isn’t actually off the table…

2 Likes

Well… A very smart genetic wiz did breed cannavis in siberia…

So Its more or less a matter of providing your desired plant hundreds of different transcription parameters…

So in other words find the best vacay spot for your lady to have the best tan u want on her…

Not an easy task sir!

If only the color could give information on how the plant is absorbing light. Oh wait it does

have you seen the color they turn if they can’t?

cornlineup
Barkan Lab

2 Likes