Cannabis derived terpene's

Gemstone essentials! Talk too Coleman. gemstoneextracts@gmail.com

2 Likes

I am seeking cannabis derived terpenes to fill cartridges. i am collecting my own terpenes right now but its just not enough

2 Likes

Do you require Cannabis derived terps? Chemically, the natural terpenes derived from non-cannabis sources are identical. There are so few terpenes in the cannabis that the extraction and collection are very inefficient and the end product is expensive. I would recommend looking into natural, non-canna terps.

https://trueterpenes.com/

4 Likes

I work closely with a company who produces cannabis terpenes at volume. We provide terps for various vape cart companies on the west coast. Shoot me a DM me for strian options and pricing.

8 Likes

@Labrat1987 Here’s your huckleberry!

One of the companies which you mention states “terpenes are highly odorant hydrocarbon molecules”, yet they offer a 100% odorless, 100% terpene extract diluent and refuse to state the constituents? The MSDS is of no comfort as well…Nice!

The processing community should be concerned as to why companies offering food grade terpenes are unwilling to state the constituents under the guise of proprietary blend of ingredients?

10 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: that doesn’t sound right

1 Like

Yeah I myself and tryin to find what"they"are doing, I’ve bought some of it to check it out,

I have bottle in my hands, by no means is it odorless to me, I almost smell a faint hint of the same terps in the OG profiles, but really really weak, do we have any idea about what we think this is , I’m talking about the diluent they offer for Vapes

1 Like

Just a guess triethyl citrate.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/7cyg06/vapers_beware_triethyl_citrate_toxicity_due/
Here’s a good reddit debate with lots of links embedded in it. The only way to know for sure what’s actually in that bottle is lab analysis.

2 Likes

Yeah and that would cost thousands I’m sure if not more right

Not exactally. I would send it to a lab and ask them to run it against a few standards of what you think it could be. It will give you more or less yes or no answers. Your other option is testing yourself.

Give it a go and report back!

1 Like

Interesting, so basically I use everything in those directions and use the diluent for the ester, now I’m probably not the one capable knowledge to understand what I’m doing, but I can follow directions pretty good, if the original product keeps working great I’m gonna check into it bc it’s really pricey and right now I’m still in the test phases of even using it, so far I’ve gotten pretty decent results. My goal it to use some diamonds for my OTSS Tek and then add terps in end for flavor, hoping to get some really appealing look and majorly strong with strong flavor vapes.

Says I need to use distalites or winterized product… Would I have to winterize the washed Crystals from OTSS?I don’t have access to distalites but I do have buchner funnel now with various filter speed paper and 190 ever clear for winterization and for washing the stones I’m pulling now

No need to dewax crystals. Debcarb them gently under inert gas until they turn to d9 oil. Combine the oil with your terps. It doesn’t seem nessasery to dewax concentrates for vape pen formulation, after all some people use mct oil as a thinning agent. I think that notion comes from the fact that most resin contains particulate matter, when people winterized they saw better results in the vape pens. So it may not nessesarly be the the removal of the waxes that made it a desirable step. My experements with adding Dimonds to vape pens were pretty dissapointing, usually the mix will vape and leave the crystals behind.

2 Likes

Even if I melt then and add the diluent? Would winterizing help it then about not Crystallization,I figured cutting with viscosity from true terps then adding terps in the end would have a really thin mix, no?

The faint hint of the same terps in the OG profiles in the diluent is most likely from cross-contamination in the their processing equipment from prior batches?

Makes me wonder did I containimate it

1 Like

If your using viscosity that all you need, you shouldn’t need anything else except thc and a flavor for it.

Yeah that’s what I was planning on doing melted down decarb diamonds at 100c ,then viscosity, mix, then terps at end mix again, you think this will end up crashing back? Even if sealed in ccell brand cart

If you’ve melted the crystals with heat and decarboxilated them they cannot recrystalize, just like distillate. In my experiments we just added thca crystals into a cart for the “Dimond look”. The crystals just stayed put while the mix vaped around it.

Ok bad ass so when I decarb them they won’t awesome! Btw why do ppl say do under vacuum, how would I do that? Put my vacuum chamber in boiling water lmao idk