Cannabis Cocoa Butter

Hello! First time poster here :wink: I am a new edibles processor with just over a decade’s worth of experience in baking, pastry, and confection. I have long been experimenting with various technique and mediums for infusion, but as I have been working with chocolate I’m wondering… has anyone ever tried infusing cocoa butter with cannabis (whole plant)?

Of course, there are some home-cooks out there with a mention on their blog, or vlog as you may have it… but I’m curious to know if anyone has any experience with this on a larger/professional scale, and how their testing came out? Cocoa butter has a burn point of 130, so I’m wondering if this is even hot enough to efficiently infuse.

2 Likes

I have a 1lb bag of cocao butter in my fridge. I meant to use it a bit ago when I made fudge. But forgot.

Butter and fat is just butter and fat. It doesnt really matter where it originated from. As long as it’s really butter or fat. Not fake butter.

Heres 1g distillate I’m infusing with butter for the fudge I just made.

3 Likes

I don’t mix that high when I’m infusing for edibles. If you’re using disty to infuse, it’s a really easy process. I think I mix my butter, a small measure of mct, and disty together at a temp of like 80-100 degrees F. I have found that for 1 reason or another the mct helps with the absorption, and increases effectiveness. (That’s all based off of mine, and my neighbor’s experiences over the course of a year trying various things.)

But, you don’t really need it to be that hot with disty because it’s already “activated”, and you don’t have to decarb anything. It’s a pretty easy, an simple process to use for dosing as well.

Yes it will work with already decarbed material

1 Like

Did you make one slab or small chucks?
Do you know the strength??

If I take the batch, cut into 30 pieces, each piece is 25mg (+/-5mg). 1g of 90% distillate was used.

I always know the potency of edibles within 5mg. I hope my math is correct.

900mg ÷ 30 pieces = 30mg per piece

3 Likes

Ok

Thanks for that…

I’ve not tried this with cocoa butter, but I’ve used all types of carrier oils (Hemp seed, coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil) with this method.

I’ll have to try the cocoa butter, what are your favorite things to make with it? I guess it’s better for sweeter edibles, I normally use the oils I make with savory foods.