Cannabis blunt wraps

So I’ve thought for a long time that it would be really cool to make blunt wraps from weed. I would think it should be fairly easy to grind some buds and press a paper. The oils should bind things together pretty well I’d think.

I’ve always wanted to give it a try, but may never get around to it. Hopefully someone can take the idea and run with it in a rec state. I remember about 15-20 years ago hearing about peeps rolling out sheets of bubble hash to wrap with, but never tried that either. What better non tobacco wrap material could you really get? Might be cool to roll your cigs with a weed wrap too.

I would think a blender and a rosin press would be a good starting point. Grind some bud to a coarse powder, spread evenly on parchment, then press.

I have a blender, but no form of press. Anyone have a blender and a press want to try in the name of science?

You wouldn’t really be trying to make a powder, what you want is a pulp.

Pretty much just using watery slurry to spread it into a super thin film then drying it without agitating the pulp at all as it dries. In f4200 terms you’re making a slab of loud ass paper but water is your solvent.

I don’t know if you’d want parchment paper during the press because you want something to “wick” the moisture out as you’re pressing. Cardboard, plywood, etc. I’m not sure if cannabis material would require chemical binding agents. My guess would be probably but for all we know the resins can do it so I’d try it without binders first just to keep it natural. Sometimes stuff just works on its own.

Assuming you do need binders, which is likely the case, I’d just look into what’s already being used in joint papers. Plant based cellulose, dextrins, starchesc etc. Would be cool if you could isolate an impurity from some stage of processing from cannabis or a terpene to mimic one of these.

6 Likes

That sums up the language here perfectly.

For binders, I wonder if you took some good trim and mixed it in with the other materials before making the pulp, if the goodies on said trim would be enough of a binding agent.

8 Likes

we use to call these coma sticks. someone on hg420 showed me how to roll a coma stick. ive seen people do it with shatter too.

3 Likes

The shatter doesn’t just start dripping everywhere? Lol

2 Likes

Hold upright. There are mad ig videos of shatter blunts

Cannagars use cannabis leaves bound with gum arabic, liquidy BHO or distillate to adhere them.

High Hemp Wraps are also available at the liquor store, but contain negligible amounts of CBD.

4 Likes

High hemp blunts suck. They are always dried out. Royal blunts makes the best hemp paper blunts by a mile.

I typically put at least a gram of distillate in every blunt I smoke. About 1.5g of flower. 1 gram of distillate

10 Likes

I actually love those High Hemp blunt wraps. Gave up tobacco this winter after 25 yrs of smoking/dipping, but I still love blunts so they’re my no-nicotine option

4 Likes

In Portsmouth VA the high hemp wraps were always fresh. In gas stations in WI they’re dry ASF, but at head shops they aren’t. It’s a freshness/inventory turnover issue.

3 Likes

Also, Royal Blunts XXL Chicken and Waffles is the best blunt of all time.

1 Like

i was sooo addicted to blunts; its not funny. I never smoked cigarettes or any other tobacco. But blunts were my fucking Achilles heel. I had a Sams club membership because that was the only place i could buy Dutch Palmas By the 55x box for cheap. So i would buy 3-4 a month. This habit continued from 14-35. When i was 35, i was able to give up smoking flower for dabbing only which allowed me to break the blunt habit.

I would only smoke a joint a day cause i really didnt like not smoking blunts…then i found high hemp and then royal blunts. I still really dont smoke that much flower. 1 disty blunt in the AM…1 disty blunt in the PM at bed time and maybe 1 during the day if @qma comes over or the homies. I still mostly dab. But i know that feeling of giving up on your favorite way of smoking and hemp blunts have tricked my mind to thinking its tobacco.

4 Likes

I’m jealous hah. I’m back in Upper Michigan and the product available is meh. A disty blunt would be amazing. Harvest can’t come soon enough.

5 Likes

I just use fresh half dried fan leaves for this purpose. Smear a little bit of concentrate or disty on the leaf and roll it around your bud form. Basically the standard canna cigar technique. I don’t smoke them very often though as I like to roll them with at least 7g of flower and they literally burn for 4 hours.

I like to roll them and cure them in a jar for close to year before smoking them. It takes a lot of the harshness out of the leaf.

1 Like

See thats annoying af. I don’t want a blunt that burns for 4 hours. I want to face a blunt by myself in 10 minutes and then move on with my day

3 Likes

My opinion. Cannabis leaves make shitty wraps and don’t burn like paps or cracked rolls

4 Likes

Yah I had a blunt phase.
Hemp wraps are terrible, especially in flavor.

I was a actually thinking about doing a warm ethanol/iso extraction on the leaves to get rid of most things other than the cellulose.

I wonder if that’d do the trick?

3 Likes

have you tried the plain no flavor “naked” royal blunts hemp ones??

1 Like

I’ll try anything naked

5 Likes

Riding a motorcycle with another nude guy anything?
Lol

I did the blunt thing 20yrs back. Rolling the blunt in syrup or honey.

6 Likes